Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TTC with complicated history

Hi (sorry for the long post!) 

I have a complicated history when it comes to TTC and pregnancy.

We started TTC in 2010. After no success in Feb 2012 I finally got my BFP. Had my 12 week scan in May that year and was told that I’d had a missed miscarriage of twins at 8-9 weeks. Followed by D&C.

It was the following year before I gained another positive test - Feb 2013. Again missed Singleton missed miscarriage at 11 weeks scan. Natural miscarriage.

That Sept after a lot of battling I was referred to a consultant. Sperm test was fine, and all genetic tests were also fine but I had low progesterone which means I wasn’t ovulating regularly and even when I did ovulate I didn’t have enough progesterone to sustain pregnancy until placenta took over. 

Started on 50mg of Clomid and conceived on Cycle 3 - we have a little girl about to start school. 😊

Keen to add to our family we re-started Clomid 15 months later - needed 6 cycles at 100mg this time and fell pregnant with our little boy - just turned 2 1/2. My little boy was born with severe hypospadias which although isn’t proven, is commonly linked with the fertility drug Clomid. He has had two corrective surgery ops and all is well at the moment however we are now keen not to use fertility drugs again if possible. 

In Feb 2018 (notice a pattern?) I fell pregnant naturally. (I had lost 2 stone and read that Vit B tablets could boost progesterone naturally so I’d taken these). 

Early scan at 8 weeks showed healthy baby followed by everything going great at 12 week scan and 16 week appt. We couldn’t believe our luck! Went for 20 week scan and was told our little boy had died. 😔

He was born last June and we called him Alfie. It was discovered as part of the post mortem investigations that I had contracted slapped cheek (parvovirus) which proved fatal. We were heartbroken. 😢 Had counselling earlier on this year and now TTC again but no luck as yet.

I’ve kept the weight off (currently 12 stone) and I’m back on the Vitamin B tablets but I’m keen to hear of any other natural remedies people have had success with. I’m currently 36 and I’m keen to keep trying for at least another year as I know we can’t go on trying forever and I feel that we need to draw the line somewhere, plus ideally we don’t want a huge age gap between siblings. My hubby will be 40 next Oct. 

Any advice/suggestions gratefully received! 

Replies

• Options
    I am so sorry for all of your losses. Have you ever tried Preseed? I used it this cycle, so not sure if it "works" yet, but I am testing on September 9th. It is a lubricant you use before sex that mimics your CM to help sperm swim where they need to. Of course, it's not a magic potion, but it's gotten amazing reviews for people TTC over the span of years. I will let you know when I test if it worked for me my first round. Anything is worth a shot! I'm sorry I don't have any suggestions for upping your progesterone