Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BBT temp and ovulation

Does everyone’s BPT always rise after ovulation and if so by how much

Replies

• Options
    THATs supoose to say BBT
  • Options
    For ovulation to occur it has to rise, but some ppl get very minor pattern rise,which is easy to miss if u never seen it before.
  • Options
    I mean temp always rises if and after ovulation occurs.
  • Options
    As little as 0.5 would count as a rise?
  • Options
    U can't use numbers in chatting bbt, u need to look at overall pattern. If u show me ur chart I can help.
  • Options
    97.2 25th
    97.7 28th( the day I opk was solid face)
    97.9 29th 
    97.7 30th 
  • Options
    Don't u use an app, to draw u a graph? I use fertility friend. U need to see pattern to read bbt.
  • Options
    ?
  • Options

• Options
    There is an application called fertility friend which u can download, u input ur temperatures and it will draw a graph, from the graph u can easily see temp patterns.
    Here is my old chart.

• Options

Is that all temperatures that you have? If so then it's not enough to say anything about ur ovulation yet. You also need to temp all cycle including during period and then u see it nicely as on my chart above.
  • Options
    ok thank you! 
  • Options
    If u got questions pop me a msg or visit in October thread I'm happy to help and I'm usually around.
  • Options
    HiThere just had a quick question I was doing some research and see that you’re supposed to check your BBT around the same time every day. I work night shift so that would be impossible as I do not lay down for three hours the same time every day what do you suggest thanks
  • Options
    If u have two different sleep patterns I would choose two bbt times. Just ensure u always take bbt at the same time during both options and that u have enough sleep. Ensure u have correct time added at each measurement. It may give u some minor variation on the chart, but shouldn't give u trouble with overall picture. I would try it this way and when u have more data u can see how different time affect ur chart, or ask me I can try to help. But as I say it should still clearly show ur ovulation
  • Options
    @Kay i work night shift too....u just have to force urself to go to sleep n wake up at the same times
  • Options
    I wrk 3 days a week 7am-7pm so some days I wake up at 7am and on my off days I’m going to bed at 7am 
  • Options
    hmmm maybe try the idea @MadDoda said