Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can you repeatedly get evaporation lines?

We have just started TTC no 2. It took a while with number one and the whole thing was quite stressful. Life isn't easy right now with it coming up to a year since my Mum's death, but time is ticking on (33 now), and would like to have another soon, so hoping we'll conceive quite easily.

Anyway, I'm quite irregular, but have charted the last few months and I would say on average maybe 34-35 day cycles. That'd make me currently 15dpo, but I could definitely have ovulated/implanted later. I've had odd pregnancy symptoms since ovulation sex, but around the last week have had gum complaints and heavy cold, as well as mild cramps, swollen and sore breasts, and just the same sort of pregnant feeling as last time. I've done a bunch of tests and (I'm 5 days late ish( yesterday and today many have shown up with faint lines. Eight in all. Most of these have taken a while to show up though, often after  the ten minutes. Could they all be evaporation lines?!! Or does it sometimes just take a bit longer? My first pregnancy I got faint positives from 10dpo so this seems a bit late to me!!

Replies

• Options
    They look like this, if you can see. The one this morning no darker than yesterday, just the same. 
  • Options
    What’s the timeframe for that test? Never tried blue dye before so I have no idea. But usually its 3-5mins and anything after that timeframe, its invalid.
  • Options

I can defo see a line but blue dye tests are so unreliable and known for evaps and false positives re test with a pink dye or a first response if you can x
  • Options
    I had four blue tests and also four pink cheapies with the same sort of results. But I've ordered the first response now too, thank you xx
  • Options
    If they show up outside of the window, they are invalid. Definitely try a first response 
  • Options
    I do read plenty of stories that say that people who had them show up outside of the window turned out to be pregnant. I think it has to do with the lines being there within the window, but so faint that you can't see them until the strip is drier. I just fail to see how eight can do the same thing, across different brands. I really feel like there must be something going on here. 
  • Options
    There definitely could be. The first response early response will show you sooner if the hormone is there
  • Options
    I was pregnant 4 times, the only false like was on clear blue after the time frame. Frer never gave me one.
  • Options
    Thanks both. Mad do you mean to say that you got false positives with clear blue? Or false negs when you were pregnant? 
  • Options
    MadDodaMadDoda Regular
    edited Oct 8, 2019 8:33PM
    I mean false positive only once and only on clear blue after the window, not long after tho
  • Options
    I kept getting negative up until 7days late that morning took a first response with morning urine and got my 1faint positive! Retested couple days and line got darker n showed even faster. Try first response!
  • Options

Can you see this incredibly faint thick line in the test zone? So hard to get a pic of. So I've had six of these results with these Freedom cheapies, and then 6 of the crosses with the Tesco's blues. Still waiting for FR.