Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Can vertigo be a withdrawal symptom of coming off the pill?

Hi all

I'm age 35 and have recently come off microgynon in order to TTC. I was on it for slightly short of 16 years.

I stopped the pill at the end of June and had my withdrawal bleed soon after. My real period came back after 30 days. I then had another cycle that was 35 days long, followed by another that was 28 days long. My periods have been a little on the light side but I haven't been too worried.

Then near the start of my 4th cycle, I started to get vertigo/dizziness (like if I move my head and then make it still again it takes that extra split second longer than normal for my balance to catch up). I'm fairly sure it can't be a pregnancy symptom because it started near the start of my cycle (before I would even have ovulated for that cycle).

I've never had vertigo before in my life, but I did used to have migraines in my teens. (I believe that going on the pill drastically reduced my migraines and then they eventually stopped all together). I have read that migraines and vertigo can be sort of related.

Has anyone else experienced weird withdrawal symptoms after coming off the pill? Which oddly haven't occured until about 3 months in like mine?

Any reassurance or opinions would be greatly appreciated :smile: