Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding for 15+ days

I had a blighted ovum miscarriage late July. Took six weeks to get the next cycle and it was pretty normal. That cycle lasted 26 days. I then spotted for 3 days and have been bleeding ever sense. That’s 16 days of bleeding! It seemed like a normal period and then turned into light bleeding, and has stayed that way.

Called the dr and they are having me take 600mg of ibuprofen every 8 hours for 3 days to help stop the bleeding. (I’m not sure why, should’ve asked more questions) I’m at the end of the 2nd day with no change. 

They said this shouldn’t effect conceiving but period sex is not our jam. I took a LH test on day 12 and it seemed pretty dark but not completely positive. Then the strips got lighter and lighter. I’m wondering if I missed my window? Last month the LH strip was positive on day 16. 

I’m wondering if anyone has gone through this and if so, what stopped the bleeding? Also, did your miscarriage change your ovulation time? If so, did it change month to month?  Thanks! 

I should also add I have a healthy 3 year old little lady.

Replies

• Options
    I spotted 10 days before my period once. I was worried, but waited till my period comes and after my af it stopped. Not sure what it was, but I guess my body was confused for a bit. Later in date I did tests if I’m fine and everything seems ok and healthy. So best would be to go to GP if you are concerned. X