Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Symptoms- Can I test?

So I got a positive opk and static smiley last Tuesday (8th) so I was thinking of testing Friday (11DPO) 3 days before period- would anyone else test this early?

also do you think these are symptoms this early? 

Lots of white creamy discharge (TMI)
headache 
back cramp and stomach twinge 

desperately trying after loosing my little boy in June at 22 weeks- also last month I had a chemical pregnancy! So it’s been a crappy year!

thank you!

briony x

Replies

• Options
    I would say if you can leave it until after your due your period I know it’s hard !
    also so sorry for your loss , hoping this is a bfp for you 
    sending lots of baby dust x
  • Options
    So I had my first bfp at 8dpo very faint but it was there. Would I test again this early- NO way!! I have just had a mmc and had a surgical evac at what I should of been 9+3. May baby passed 3 weeks before that. Knowing I was pregnant so early just caused me so much stress. I’m still waiting for my hcg to go out my system now and am desperate for a bfn so we can move on. Iv already told DH that I’m refusing to test until at least 16dpo next time and he can do the test (my urine obviously 😂). If I thought I could hold out longer I would!! 
    Good luck to you and I  hope it’s your month xx
  • Options
    MrsH02 said:
    So I had my first bfp at 8dpo very faint but it was there. Would I test again this early- NO way!! I have just had a mmc and had a surgical evac at what I should of been 9+3. May baby passed 3 weeks before that. Knowing I was pregnant so early just caused me so much stress. I’m still waiting for my hcg to go out my system now and am desperate for a bfn so we can move on. Iv already told DH that I’m refusing to test until at least 16dpo next time and he can do the test (my urine obviously 😂). If I thought I could hold out longer I would!! 
    Good luck to you and I  hope it’s your month xx
    Aww I really feel for you! I also had a MMC at 9 weeks and has the procedure last year.... your levels will go down and it’s a relief when they do so don’t worry it will come for you soon!!

i agree with you... I think if I have ANYMORE hassle with pregnancy I won’t be testing.... but I’m going to give in this cycle I think x
  • Options
    Well good luck @BrionyC

Il just be glad to get that bfn and start ovulating again. 

Please let us know how you get on x
  • Options
    If you got your static smilie on the 8th, that means you will ovulate within 12-36 hours. So you could have ovulated the 9th or the 10th, so Friday would put you either 9dpo or 10dpo. I would honestly wait until 14dpo to test like the other ladies have suggested. It will save you stress if you have faint lines or lines you can’t see