Forum homeā€ŗ Getting pregnantā€ŗ Trying to conceive
šŸšØ Advance warning šŸšØ This forum will be closing on 1st May ā€“ please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Using OPK

Hi ladies,

I have been using OPK for a fee months now and just wondered when you all start testing and how often?

Last month I had an OPKs that were lighter and got darker but it didn't ever seem to get as dark as the control line and premom didn't recognise it as a peak. The line then got lighter again. Do you think I missed it or possible didn't ovulate?Ā 

Thanks šŸ˜Š xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, lh fluctuates it is possible for it to go up high then low and then high again and peak. So it good to keep testing. How long are ur cycles?
  • Options
    Thank you @MadDoda

Usually around 29/30 days x
  • Options
    So I would start about cd8-10 doing once a day at different time, coz u get different reading at different time. Establish at what time u get highest reading and stick to that time. When u near the ov if u want u could do twice a day, but if ur sure about ur testing time, once should be enough. And u should test until u get a peak and more until it goes down, Just to be sure. Sometimes when stressed in ttc u can ovulate later and get longer cycle. Ur lh surge will come eventually. Also some ppl don't get very high lh peak. Lh is a trigger for egg release, peak is Max lh ur body produces, it doesn't mean u need that much to release an egg. So sometimes high reading will be enough, but that's smth u know after doing opk for several cycles and u know ur body. If ur worried if u ovulate, opk will not answer that, coz opk tests for lh which triggers egg release, but occasionally there is no mature egg ready to be released sometimes nothing is released even tho u got peak opk. If u want to know if u ovulated u need to confirm on ultrasound, so progesterone blood test at cd21 or track bbt.
  • Options
    the first and the second month i started testing the day after my period to make sure i didnt miss it.........i oved cd20 and then cd18 ....so this is the 3rd month so im not gonna start testing til cd 10 and if its still that far away then ill prob bump it up to cd 14
  • Options
    Tha I you for the advice ladies. I had a D21 blood test this month so just waiting for results if that. Xx
  • Options
    @Jammy1892 fingers crossed

• Options
    @Catlady220 thank you šŸ˜Š