Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

5dpo dull aches/pain in pubic area

Hi all,
I swore to myself this time I wasn't going to symptom spot :-( but u know what it's like lol
I am 5dpo today. Ovulation confirmed with opk and temps. This morn I woke up with cold symptoms they have somewhat faded now but I have been havin like a dull ache /pain in my pubic area slightly to the left hand side and a bit of back ache.. 
Is it too soon to be feeling symptoms could it be just down to ovulation? 
Tryin not to read too much into it but..
Has any1 else experienced this that lead to a bfp or didn't?
Many thanks x

Replies

• Options
    I would chalk it up to progesterone rise after ovulation and try to dismiss it. I found that when I ignored symptoms, I was so much more calm in the TWW and wasn’t driving myself crazy. Fingers crossed this is your month. Also, I had every symptom in the book and convinced myself I was pregnant and both times, AF came. When I got my BFP last month, I had zero symptoms lol just my experience though 
  • Options
    Cheers hun and thanku for takin the time to reply. I know what you are sayin. The 1st month we tried I had a fair few symptoms and pretty much convinced myself then the witch got me!! So a progesterone rise can cause these aches and pains :-( it is cruel this 2ww lol 
  • Options
    It is very cruel!! I am keeping my fingers crossed that your BFP is coming in a few days!!
  • Options
    I'm 8dpo now. Yesterday I started to get a dull ache in my right labia later on in my left too and this morning just after I woke I tried to check my cm but I could barely get in there! My vagina walls are swollen and feels very tight. My cervix is very high and blends into vagina wall. Could this be a sign? 
    Has any1 had this nd has lead to a bfp?

Many thanks
  • Options
    8dpo is still very early to focus on symptoms. My best advice would be to ignore all of it and wait until you can test at 14dpo. I drove myself absolutely crazy my first month TTC because I felt every symptom in the book and I was so crushed when my period came. I told myself the next month, I was not going to think about anything I was feeling and I was so much more relaxed and calm. I do hope these are positive signs for you, but 8dpo is still very early for pregnancy signs as implantation can occur as late as 12dpo. If implantation hasn’t happened yet, there would be no HCG in your system yet. Keeping my fingers crossed for you and I hope your TWW goes by quickly and smoothly