Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

BBT when do I check?

I’ve been seeing a lot of people chk there bbt. Can I do this w any thermometer?... say one that’s been in my medicine cabinet for a while. And we are talking about under the tongue to chk for temp right? Also when do I chk. I usually wake up at 5am to make breakfast for my hubby b4 wk and then I go back to sleep and wake up around 10am. Do I chk at 5 or 10am? Do I do multiple chks thru out the day or just 1? I also just started w the clear blue opk and looks like I only have 1 day of LH(ovulation) so I think I need to chk several times that day. I think my window is short. 26 days of cycle w 5 period day. Thanks sorry so many questions 

Replies

• Options
    You need a thermometer for BBT because they have 2 numbers after the decimal point, like 97.68. You can take it under your tongue and it needs to be as soon as you wake up and at the same time every day. Also make sure you take it immediately and don’t get up and walk around. Also, need at least 3 hours of interrupted sleep. I would say just take it at 5 when you first wake up
  • Options
    Thank you Rachel.