Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Trying to conceive and feeling low about it

Hi ladies

Anyone need any support? I’m feeling just so sad about this process of TTC. Questioning if anything is wrong and having to wait a year before bringing it up with the doctors 😞 I just don’t feel positive at all. 

Would love some support and I would love to provide support to any ladies that want to talk. ❤️

Replies

• Options
    Hi @JazzyJ321. TTC can be emotionally very difficult. I am currently on my 8th month of ttc and last month I really struggled when I got my bfn. I have 2 children already who were both conceived within 1 month so these past few months of trying have become a bit as a shock. Even when you know, when there are no fertility problems it is considered normal to take up to a year to conceive... It never really feels "normal". I am just trying to stay positive and take each month at a time. I figured when I get to the year mark I will consider seeing the gp about investigations but that is not a definate... I might be tempted to leave it a little longer as doctors/hospitals etc tend to send my stress levels up. 
  • Options
    Hi @JazzyJ321 I feel the exact same as you! We are on month 6 ttc and every month I get more and more disheartened. Hard to stay positive, and then like you I worry if somthing is wrong with me. This site is great tho being able to talk to people in the same position xxx
  • Options
    Me too
    im
    on month 4 and doctor put me on metformin due to
    ammenorhea 
    im all over the place 
  • Options
    Hi ladies @FlozzyLZ @Claire1234939 @Revbomb
    aw it’s rubbish isn’t it. I literally didn’t think there was a 25/30% chance of conception even we you time it right. I was very shocked. I’m on Cd38 period due today as I ovd late don’t have cramps, boobs are a tiny bit sore. Took a test on CD12 so two days ago and was negative. If nothing happens today il take a test in the morn. Pretty sure it will be negative tho. How do you cope is there anything you do to relax? I’m just so ready to have a little one to love unconditionally 😞 x
  • Options
    @Revbomb what ammenorhea? Il be in month 4 once my period comes today. X
  • Options
    JazzyJ321 said:
    Hi ladies @FlozzyLZ @Claire1234939 @Revbomb
    aw it’s rubbish isn’t it. I literally didn’t think there was a 25/30% chance of conception even we you time it right. I was very shocked. I’m on Cd38 period due today as I ovd late don’t have cramps, boobs are a tiny bit sore. Took a test on CD12 so two days ago and was negative. If nothing happens today il take a test in the morn. Pretty sure it will be negative tho. How do you cope is there anything you do to relax? I’m just so ready to have a little one to love unconditionally 😞 x
    @JazzyJ321 Ah hun I know how you feel.  I am on cycle 6 of trying.  Never been pregnant before so don't know how fertile I am.  I got two pink  evap lines last cycle so that's really put me off of testing early again.  I hope that this time af is due I won't test until I'm 5 days late, that way it's more likely to be an accurate result.  I knew last month I wasn't pregnant as I didn't have any symptoms and my period wasn't even late, grrrr, why did I do it to myself!!  I think Christmas is a really good distraction for me and I have been more relaxed this cycle, but I'm dreading January if nothing happens this cycle.   I don't really have any suggestions for relaxing as I find it hard to do it myself, but please don't think you're alone in it being a mind consuming thing, because lots of us are the same. xx
  • Options
    hey, have you tried any vitamins?
    give pregnacare his and hers conception a try xx
  • Options

Hey lovely @RayleighGirl2015, how are you? do you feel each cycle your hitting the right times because I do? crazy isn't it. How annoying that that happened to you, I bet that messed with your head and emotions. I know it would have with me. Iv never seen a skint of a line lol

This cycle is making me crazy just because of the length of it. I had cramping 7/8dpo and also 10-12dpo and now 14dpo nothing and AF should be coming today. Took a test this morn and nothing.

it is nice to know that I'm not alone because also so upsetting to know that others are going through it and its actually more common then I ever though of people struggling to get pregnant :( x

@Amnx Hey hun I take folic acid but also just started taking Vit B6, D, C and iron also just bough from evening primrose as I don't get a lot of stuff down there and bought some preseed so January I am ready lol x

• Options
    if you don't get any joy after a couple months try pregnacare his and hers conception, I fell pregnant twice within a couple of months each time on those (both ended in MC but unrelated)x
  • Options
    @JazzyJ321 I'm ovulating today/tomorrow I think, dtd yesterday and hopefully today and Weds.  I didn't bother tracking ov it as I thought it'll only take a couple of months and i'll be pregnant lol, so it's all quite new to me really but feel like I know a lot more now.  I'm on CD23 and only just ovulating so my period tracker says af due Christmas Day, but I actually think it'll be more like 3 or 4 days later if it's going to show up.  

I really recommend COQ10 supplement, it's really helped with me, my cycles are pretty much back on track and it's meant to help with egg quality.  I take those and folic acid. 

Like you I had no idea about this stage in life and how it affects so many people, it's such a shame but we WILL get our BFPs!  Looking back I am not sure if we did dtd at the right time considering how late I ovulate.  That's why I think this cycle I have a better chance... maybe!? 

That's great that you are bd'ing as much as you can around your ovulation, do you know when you ovulate? xx
  • Options
    Amnx said:
    if you don't get any joy after a couple months try pregnacare his and hers conception, I fell pregnant twice within a couple of months each time on those (both ended in MC but unrelated)x
    @Amnx so sorry to hear about your MC's.  So very sad :o(  I took pregnacare for several months and have recently switched to what is more suitable to me with trying to get my cycles back on track, otherwise i would of stuck with Pregnacare.  My husband takes the mens conception one though x
  • Options

@Amnx il have a look into it hun I haven't heard about it before so will read up tonight thank you. So sorry to here about your MC's I cant begin to image it happening.  

Do you have any children already or trying for your first? I'm 31 and trying for my first, wish id have started earlier as we have been together almost 5 years now but just kept putting it back depending on what was going on in our lives. x 

• Options
    yeah have a look!
    thank you.

no we don't have any children yet, im 27 and have been with OH 7 years xx

@RayleighGirl2015 that's good at least you are both taking something to help xx
  • Options

@RayleighGirl2015 oh your cycles are like mine then. I ovulated on CD24 this month and CD21. I'm on the 2nd cycle of BBT and opk's so I'm able to pin point it and use Kindara and Fertility Friend as my apps still learning though. Trying my best I don't think there is much else I can do lol.

I have heard of COQ10 supplement. Il give it another 2/3 months with all the stuff I have started this month and bought for next month and see what happens before getting anything else. thanks for the heads up on it though. YES we will! need to keep positive don't we its just heard in those final days leading up to expected period day. Still nothing for me today on 14 dpo but took a test and was negative so I know it will be soon.

As long as you can try cover the 3 days before ovulation and day off I think anyone is maximising their chances of conception. x

• Options
    Feeling the same! Finding TTC emotionally draining at the moment x
  • Options
    @JazzyJ321 ah really, it's so nice to hear that somebody else is a late ovulater too :) sometimes you can just feel like you're the odd one out.  Maybe wait a couple of days and test again, please keep us updated :smile:

yeah stick with what you have then see.

Yes if you know when you're roughly ovulating then dtd every other day, apparently every day can reduce potency but then lots of people get pregnant with dtd every day... so I guess it just depends on how it goes for you! There's never an exact answer!! xx
  • Options
    JazzyJ321 said:

@Amnx il have a look into it hun I haven't heard about it before so will read up tonight thank you. So sorry to here about your MC's I cant begin to image it happening.  

Do you have any children already or trying for your first? I'm 31 and trying for my first, wish id have started earlier as we have been together almost 5 years now but just kept putting it back depending on what was going on in our lives. x 

I'm 31 also and now wishing we'd started trying earlier! It will happen for us though x
  • Options

Welcome @Wonderingaug it really is isn't it :( iv got to say I feel fine up until the second week count down to testing or when AF is due and then I'm an absolute emotional wreck. I honestly just cant not over think everything in that week.

I swear before TTC I never felt ovulation pain, I never had cramps unless it was a day or two before period due and now I feel everything!

• Options
    @JazzyJ321 ah really, it's so nice to hear that somebody else is a late ovulater too :) sometimes you can just feel like you're the odd one out.  Maybe wait a couple of days and test again, please keep us updated :smile:

yeah stick with what you have then see.

Yes if you know when you're roughly ovulating then dtd every other day, apparently every day can reduce potency but then lots of people get pregnant with dtd every day... so I guess it just depends on how it goes for you! There's never an exact answer!! xx

I was on the pill for a long time where I didn't have periods and so for the last 18 months since stopping it iv only just seen my pattern of having long cycles but I really wish id have known sooner.

iv heard different things about that I may try the every other day in my window as I have just tried everyday in it and to be honest its draining lol I'm lucky my husband isn't bothered about me scheduling him in it doesn't affect him at all lol

Glad we can all support each other! an yes its comforting to know I'm not the only one with later ovulation :) x

• Options
    Still no AF on CD15 but neg test yest, will keep you all updated. x