Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Could OPK line lead to a BFP?

Hi ladies, seeking a little guidance.

So, this month I promised myself I wouldn't test until after AF was due and, to avoid obsessing over possible lines that are never there, I held back from buying any HPTs. But! I did have a couple of OPK strips left (just the wee cheapie strips) from earlier in the month.

The urge to POAS, regardless of whether it was the right stick or not, was too strong. I couldn't resist.

Last night I got a faint, but definitely visible, second line on one of the OPK strips. Even though I knew it probably meant nothing, I decided to try again this morning with FMU, and got a stronger line, although it still wasn't as strong as the control line.

I am currently on CD24, and I think I may be 13-14DPO as I got a very, very strong line on the same OPK strips on CD10. I usually have a 27-28 day cycle, and usually ovulate around CD13-14. I was worried CD10 was too early to ovulate, and I was really disappointed when I tried another OPK strip on CD14 and it was stark white. (That's the thing, I don't get lines on my OPKs throughout the month like some women do.)

I've had some symptoms, but I've given up trying to read into signs and symptoms. Think I've had every possible one during the TTW over the past year (plus) we've been trying, but still waiting on that BFP.

So, my big question is, should I read much into the OPK lines? I've read it could mean AF is on the way, but I'm not due a visit for another three or four days (but then, I think I did ovulate early this month, so maybe). Should I break my promise to myself and get an HPT tomorrow?

I really wish I hadn't used those OPKs now, it's the hope that kills you!

Replies

• Options
    I had a positive OPK before my BFP, but it was a STRONG OPK line, not a faint or kind of strong. It was the strongest I had ever had even during ovulation, so I would take it with a grain of salt. I wouldn’t break your promise to yourself as you’re still a few days from AF. But that’s just my personal opinion 🙂 I didn’t use an OPK until I was 15dpo and dipped a pregnancy test after seeing the OPK so dark
  • Options
    Thank you!
    Honestly, I think I just needed someone to talk me out of going out and buying some HPTs tomorrow, and you did. I am going to be strong and wait! Also, I wouldn't want to know what I've spent on early testing over these past months. This year I'm going to be more patient, for the sake of my sanity and my wallet ;)
    I have one OPK strip left, I'll keep it for a couple of days and use it to satisfy any urge to POAS then.
    Thanks again and congrats on your BFP. Hope it wall worked it out well x
  • Options
    I have definitely wasted my fair share on testing early! One morning, I tested and then AF started within 30 mins after, so I told myself I would not test early anymore after that 🙈 and thank you! I will keep my fingers crossed for when you test 
  • Options
    This was my OPK the morning I got my bfp

OPK 
  • Options
    Congratulations on your BFP Summer! It's so nice hearing about other people's successes, other people's BFP stories really does stop this all from feeling a bit hopeless.
    Your OPK acutally looks a lot like the one I posted about, just ever so slightly darker. Unfortunately, I believe I'm out (again) this month. AF came on Monday, so around 3/4 days early (was due today, Thursday). Seems I did ovulate early, as I'd feared, and my OPK was probably picking up the slight pre-AF LH surge I'd read about :(
    That said, I still do have the teensiest, tiniest wee bit of hope (like, really small, total long-shot type hope). I'm fully aware all this is probably because I ovulated early, but! Not only was AF early but also super short. Bleeding had completely by yesterday morning, then a bit of spotting earlier today, now nothing again. AF usually visits me for 5-6 days. The only reason I'm not getting too excited is because while it was lighter than usual, the bleeding was bright red. Still, I might try a wee sneaky test tomorrow, but only because I fancy a glass or three of wine on Saturday night ;)
    In all honesty, though, I know in my heart I'm out again this month. Here's to next month! Thank you so much again ladies, just knowning there are people out there who understand is a big help. Today I popped into the pound shop to stock up on more OPKs for this month and they were totally sold out, which was oddly comforting.
    Good night and thanks again!
  • Options
    i get faint lines on my opks even when im on my period.....u might just have strong lh