Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling so down😔

Hi all,

We’ve been TTC since Sept 2019 with no luck as of yet😔 I know it’s still really early days but I’m struggling big time!! We had initially planned to start TTC early 2019, however Mum was diagnosed with cancer and naturally having a baby did not take priority! Mum got the all clear in Aug 2019 so we decided that this was the perfect time to commence operation baby making! I am 27 and hubby is 28, were both non smokers and rarely drinkers, both active people of average build, I use OPK but also feel when I ovulate so know we’re doing it at the right time. Whilst my Mum was Ill I was sole carer for my Gran, as well as holding down a full time job, running a house and looking after my Mum, I guess my question is, could delayed impact of all that stress be making it harder to conceive??

thanks 

Sam xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sam

So sorry to hear you're struggling and also sounds like you've had a really stressful time.  Glad your Mum is doing better now.  Stress absolutely does effect it and I think that's what part of my reason is. I would suggest that you do what makes you happy whether that's relaxing and taking a slower pace, meditation, long baths, sleeping in etc or keeping busy/keeping your mind active.  I got a lot of 'relaxing' advice like chill out, slow down etc which whilst may work for some people I found it just gave me more time to think about it.  I much prefer being busier and I must say since I've started doing more things, even just some painting around the house or watching a new series or meeting up with family/friends, I have felt a bit better. 

xx