Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

No period for 6 months after stopping pill

edited Jan 26, 2020 11:51PM in Trying to conceive
I came of the combined pill in July with the intention of TTC.  But I’ve not had a period since!  

Went to dr and they took blood to check hormone levels and thyroid and all come back ok.

not sure what to do next...The dr didn’t seem to show much interest, maybe as I already have a 3yo - so I know things have worked ok in the past anyway.

anyone had similar coming off the pill? Any suggestions of how to get your cycle back? I’m assuming I’m not ovulating if I’m not having any periods. 

Thanks in advance

Replies

• Options
    I got my period, but I would suggest using ovulation tests or BBT to see what’s going on. I started using ovulation tests as soon as I stopped BC because I knew my cycles would be off
  • Options
    Hi hope it’s ok to join, 
    I stopped my pill after being on it for 13/14 years I had my withdrawal period as normal 
    I was due to have my first proper period yesterday and still no period 
    it’s 2 days late now and am worrying sick I have fertility problems 
    is this normal ? 
    Thanks 
  • Options
    @Ness133 don't stress, that's the worse thing you can do as stress can delay ovulation which csb then delay your AF. If it had to come back in 3 months maybe go to the drs but there's nothing to worry about yet. 
    When I stopped the pill last year it took 6 weeks to come back after my withdrawal bleed. I had to go back on it for a few months and I came off again 5 weeks ago. I had withdrawal immediately bit no AF yet. It's normal 😊 frustrating lol but very normal. 
  • Options
    @SunshineB thank you, it’s so hard not to isn’t it. I do feel stressed in the progress of buying a house and it’s just more things to worry about.
    i might leave it another few weeks like you say and maybe look in to them vitamins B6 I do have cramps/pains as if I was to come on but had them for few weeks now. 
    Are you wanting to conceive too? X

• Options
    @Ness133 I would just try focus on the house stuff and that will take your mind off TTC and AF might come back then.

We are wanting to TTC. We tried last year and ended up having a chemical unfortunately. Had to start a new job due to redundancy in October so been at my new job 4 months now. No idea why I bothered going back on pill for 3 months,  just wasn't thinking at the time.
    So came off again end of December. We are waiting to TTC when AF comes back as I want to track OPK and BBT so I know where I am in my cycle. 
    I used OPKs once last year after a few months of trying and no success and they worked as that's the cycle we conceived x
  • Options
    Aw yeah your right am going focus on the house next few weeks and fingers crossed it will all work out and I AF. 

Best of look this time for you:) and hopefully 2020 can be the year for us both x

Thank you for your advise 
  • Options
    Yeah fingers crossed!! I'm sure if you focus on something else for now it will help @Ness133

Good luck with the move x
  • Options
    I will tell you my similar story, maybe it will help: I got off the patch June 2019 and after the withdrawal period I got my period 3 months later, then another 2 months then another 1.5 months. So basically 3 times in 8 months. But i did try to help my body a little by taking: fish oil, fertility care by Gaia (found at Whole Foods), probiotics and prenatal vitamins (also from WF)..oh and also Tofu (substituted lunch meat with tofu to try and increase estrogen). I also stopped drinking alcohol all together. 

The hardest has been tracking ovulation, I did SO MANY pee sticks :) an it was worth it, its now Feb and i just got my first fain lines (took a couple tests at 10, 11 and 13 DPO).

Your body will regulate eventually, for some it takes longer than others but try to sleep good, avoid stress and eat properly and regularly which is all so so important for female hormones. 
    <3 
  • Options
    @AlexB14
    aw amazing so glad For you xx
    hopefully soon enough i will get my periods back on track 
    am currently nearly 2 weeks late from when I should of had it but I have cancelled my GP and just going to relax, chill and let it happen in its own timing haha x