Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Difficulty trying to conceive

My fiancé and I have been having unprotected intercourse for 1.5 years now and not pregnant yet... we saw a fertility doctor in 2019 but we are not willing to pay 15000 for IVF. He has very low semen volume and low motility. was told by fertility doctor that His analysis was essentially normal but she would need a good volume of semen to do IUI. I still need to go for some tests, I’m turning 33 in March and I’m so scared this may never happen for us. I want to be a mom so badly.... anyone go through something similar or have positive stories to share?? 

Replies

• Options
    My husband and I had been trying for 2 and half years before we decided to seek fertility treatment. It turned out my husband has a severe triple defect in his sperm. Low mobility, misshapen, and only 3.4 mil. I also have PCOS and wasn't ovulating regularly. We decided to go straight to IVF as the doc said our chance of getting pregnant any other way is incredibly low. So we booked in for egg collection in 2 months time. The very next month we fell pregnant naturally  I'm now 33 weeks. Please don't give up hope, you will get your rainbow baby. If it happened for us it can happen for anyone!