Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Ovulation test help ?

Hi this is my first month using ovulation strip tests.

struggling to fall after using the drop provera. This is currently month 7 since last dose. Had spotting almost straight away after coming of but actually had my first proper period 20-24th Feb. So currently cycle day 11. Have attached pictures of tests

can someone let me know if these look “normal” all the ones I’ve seen seem pretty faint then bam positive where as mine are all dark. Not dark enough for a positive but randomly darker than others. Very confused! 

Replies

• Options

• Options
    i dont think any of these are positive yet......i think its coming though they do seem to be getting darker <3 u should scan them in an app called premom it scores each test n tells u whats high n whats ur peak
  • Options
    Not positive yet! This was last nights positive for me. 
  • Options
    KatieebuggKatieebugg Regular
    edited Mar 4, 2020 1:20AM

Not positive yet but getting darker for sure! This was my first positive OPK from last night and even darker today. 
  • Options
    Aww thanks guys. Yeah I knew they were not dark enough for a positive yet but it’s all new to me I wasn’t sure that they were meant to be this dark already if that makes sence. When I looked online I saw lots of others and they seemed very very faint then bam got a positive where as mine all seem pretty dark. Not dark enough but all quite dark. So wasn’t sure if something was up 
  • Options
    try scanning them in the app called premom hun....it tells u when its high n peak
  • Options
    Mine seem to just stay the same all quite dark but not dark enough. I have no idea if these even look normal. I don’t think I’ve ovulated since I came off the depo provera this month will be 8 months since the last injection and I’m wondering if I won’t ovulate again this month any ideas? 
  • Options
    Althought putting it into the pre mom ap it’s the first time it says high! It’s always said low before 
  • Options
    @Kerri1988 mine are just starting to get stronger now and I’m on CD18. I thought I wasn’t going to ovulate or had missed it, I’m just a bit later than I expected xx
  • Options
    @Kerri1988 it might be worth looking into BBT, as that should confirm if you are ovulating or not x
  • Options
    Kerri1988Kerri1988 Regular
    edited Mar 6, 2020 9:08PM
    I took a later one. -!: I ti took a later one and it’s even darker! 0.63 tbh I’ve never even had a high on pre mom app before so fingers crossed I actually ovulate this month! 

I don’t no nothing about temps. U take your temp first thing in the morn? Am I too late in my cycle to start that tomorrow morn?
  • Options

• Options
    I had a 1.11 at my highest so fingers crossed we were successful this month 
  • Options
    Awww 🤞 fingers crossed for you!!! Our of curiosity how many days High did u get before the peak. Do u have a screenshot. This whole ovulation testing is so new to me! I’m so happy to get a few highs right now! Lol x
  • Options
    Yeah so you need a digital thermometer that records to .2 decimal places. Put it right next to you as when you wake up in a morning, works best after at least 3 hours sleep, you just need to grab the thermometer without moving much and place it under tongue. So don't sit up or anything. Once you have the reading you need to input it into an app called Fertility friend. The temp needs to be taken with the same 30 min window everyday. 
    I used my silent vibration alarm on Fitbit and had alarm for 6.15am everyday. Then on a weekend I would just take the temp and go back to sleep. I'd input the temp in the app after I had woken up again.

You could start tomorrow but I wouldn't expect much until your next cycle as it will need a bit of history x. 
  • Options
    edited Mar 6, 2020 11:21PM
    @Kerri1988

I peaked Tuesday morning, all day and night and then Wednesday was still high but that intense darkness was gone. 
  • Options
    edited Mar 6, 2020 11:22PM
    @Kerri1988 we BD’d the Saturday prior to my peak, the Monday and the Wednesday ... so I’m just hoping we didn’t miss it. Everything is so wonky with my cycle since my d&c
  • Options
    my highest was 2.77 lol i got some high lh surges
  • Options

I’m not sure but have a feeling I’ve not ovulated again. This damn depo provera has really messed up my body! 😰 but I’ve gone from a day of high to now low again. 
  • Options
    U could have peaked overnight or ur real surge will come in few days. If u have doubts if u ovulate u really need bbt