Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2 month late period , negative pregnancy test

Hey am hoping someone can help ..... me and my partner have been trying to conceive I took an ovulation test which was high on 16th may ... since then I have missed two periods . I have done loads of pregnancy test but they are all negative .has anyone else experienced this ? 

Replies

• Options
    When you say high, was the line darker than or the same colour as the control line? Do you do any other form of tracking?
    Assuming you did ovulate then it's likely it would be showing up on a test by now but there is a chance you might not be producing enough of the hcg hormone to detect it. I'd probably go see your doctor and get them to check with a blood test if you are unsure.
    Otherwise it's possible you didn't ovulate then and you're still waiting to ovulate which would mean your period wouldn't have come yet. Either way. I hope you find out soon! 
  • Options
    It was a clear blue one so it shows high days and peak day ... I haven’t tracked ovulation in another way but I track my periods in an app which is very accurate and I never miss them my last one was in April. I will be making a doctors appointment just with the Covid thing it’s a bit difficult convincing the doctor that you need to come to the surgery . I hope I find out soon aswell. 
  • Options
    I feel your pain. My periods haven't been the same since lockdown. I've had 2 cycles both 11 days longer than normal and by the looks of it this will be the 3rd late cycle 😔 have you been stressed at all?
    I haven't had the guts to go to the Dr's to talk about it. I probably should, it's causing me a lot more stress that I'm sure is only making things worse. I hope you get the answers you are looking for 👍 if tests are coming back negative though I really wouldn't put it past corona playing havoc. I have had regular cycles the whole 19 years I've been having periods. I didn't think I was overly affected by lockdown but clearly something has caused a change. 
  • Options
    edited Jun 28, 2020 12:54AM
    I'm experiencing something similar. I was late on my period in May and it was lighter than usual. Currently, I am 15 days late, but all my tests have been negative. The thing is I've also had some symptoms. Very lightheaded and dizzy, headaches, horrible heartburn. At first I just thought it could be many things, right?! But yesterday I started feeling weird preasure/movement by my right rib. I read articles that it could be your muscles stretching called "tummy twinges" that may feel like a baby's first flutters, but are not. I want to call my doctor, bc other than the "tummy twinges" it could be thyroid disease, which I just found out that a medication I used to take can trigger. I feel so lost and confused!!
  • Options
    Did you manage to call your doctor? I haven’t been feeling so well the last few days finally got the guts to call my doctor who has referred me to get some scans done as I am getting really bad stomach pain but still a negative . 
    Hopefully it’s nothing to serious and I can figure out what’s going on .