Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bbt spikes?

So this is my first month tracking bbt and I'm wondering how high the spike has to be in temperature to indicate ovulation?
Looking at pictures of other people's bbt charts the increase seems quite drastic. I'm only going on hypothetical as so far this cycle nothing in my chart is indicating ovulation. However I started charting towards the end of my last cycle for 4 days. 3 of those days my temp was around 36.35, then dropping just before af. This cycle my temp hasn't gone any higher than 36.18 but the average so far is 36.10. I'm really looking out for another rise, assuming it goes back up to 36.35 area is that high enough to indicate ovulation? As it will only be a rise of 0.17°/0.25°??

Replies

• Options
    Hey, can you post a pic of your chart?
  • Options

@Butsie185 I'm using several different apps and this is the only one I could get to show it all together 🤷 it also seems to think I ovulated on cd 16 but I think it's fairly evident that's not the case

• Options
    Have you got it in Fertility Friend? 
  • Options
    @Butsie185 I do, but it only starts from the beginning of this cycle and even though I've entered the data for before I've absolutely no idea how to display it on the same chart 
  • Options
    heres my chart anyways so far this month.
  • Options
    On the dates that you have triangles on, did you enter the temps at a different time? 

I tend to get a drop in temp before I ov and then it goes up. I would say that CD 15 looks good but that invalid temp is throwing it out. If you changed it so it accepted it, does it give you confirmed ov? 
  • Options
    @Butsie185 I can give it a go. Which day did you mean though as cd 15 I took it at the right time?
    I have been trying to do it all at the same time but as you can see I had a change of heart about which time from the start and some days I've just overslept/underslept. I will temporarily change all the times though and see what it tells me
  • Options
    Sorry I meant CD17 as that would be the third temp increase. 

Timing is really important, I have an alarm that goes off, I literally roll over, shove it in my mouth and wait for the beep. Then I go back to sleep and imput the temp when I wake up as it stores it on the thermometer.

How long are your cycles normally? 
  • Options
    now I'm really confused. I changed all the times so they are around the same and it's swapped to disregarding some later temps despite them being at the right time 🤷🤷 I've broken the app 😂😂
    Before lockdown my cycles were 30/31 days. The last 2 have been 41 days, hence why I'm really anxious about charting. I'm worried I'm not ovulating. Assuming this is the new pattern for my cycles then I worked out I should ovulate sometime between Sunday and Tuesday 🤞🤞 I've been doing ovulation tests since last Monday (cd15 for me to try and cover if my cycle went back to 30 days) every test has been very negative except for one almost positive test on cd 21
  • Options
    So I would day looking at this that you habent ovulated yet as there is no clear temp spike, just keep tempting through the next week and see what happens 
  • Options
    @Rosegold89
    I would say you haven't ovulated yet. Although my FF is saying I have I'm pretty sure I haven't yet and I'm on cd24. I have had super strong opks the last two days though so just waiting on a temp shift to confirm ovulation. I'm cycles range around 30-33 but I've had random 47 day cycles before. Keep temping and doing opk daily if you can so you can pick up your peak 🤞