Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Implantation or period

Hello everyone. 
My cycle has been fluctuating i posted not too long ago about taking two pregnancy tests one having a distinct faint line and one with possibly Evap line. My cycle is expected tomorrow 6/27 or 6/29 (cycle last month was 31 days). Today i had sex with my bf this morning everything was great went to work no blood and got home got a pregnancy test and wiped and saw blood assumed i got my period. All day so far blood very pink and only appears when i wipe despite peeing a lot. Took  pregnancy test it said not pregnant any advice 😭

Replies

• Options
    If it was implantation bleeding then ovulation would have happened 6-12 days ago. Which means that any pregnancy would be the result of sex 6-17 days ago.

However if you're expecting your period and have reasonably regular cycles (and a negative pregnancy test) then it's either the beginning of your period or could be bleeding from sex. Sometimes your cervix can be irritated and bleed slightly as a result of having sex.

If you don't have any further bleeding or if you're still unsure whether you're pregnant or not I'd recommend another test in 5 or more days time. If you were experiencing implantation bleeding then in 5 days time you'd probably be anywhere from 11 days post ovulation and 17 days post ovulation so you would see a positive result on a HPT.

Personally I think it's unlikely that it's implantation bleeding, but it's certainly possible. Good luck!