Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New to this page and new to ttc

Hi I’m 31 years old with hypothyroidism my periods were becoming irregular but I was still getting them every month. My doctor tested me and upped my levothyroxine. My husband and I started ttc this month after the levothyroxine change and now I haven’t gotten my period I should have started yesterday I belive I have what is considered dry cm with cell slough as it appears moist with bits of white my breasts are becoming tender but still no change in cm and I’m unsure as to wether I should do a pregnancy test as I have been a roller coaster of emotions recently. Random crying. Saturday the 26th the day I normally start my period all I did was cry then next day I woke up like none of it ever happened. I’ve had some cramping here and there through out all of this and some lower back/back love handle pain that seems strange. I’ve been petrified that I’m infertile. My husband and I started ttc the 6th and continued throughout that time up until I really started to become an emotional wreck it’s been about 4 days or so since we last ttc should I take a pregnancy test? Can you have dry cm and be early in pregnancy? I’ve it’s only been 3 weeks from the first day we started ttc. Doctors aren’t very helpful as I’ve never had children and have only been ttc for less than a month. 

Replies

• Options
    CoconutfoxxCoconutfoxx Regular
    edited Jul 27, 2020 5:45PM
    Honestly it seems like you've gone crazy over symptoms way too early in your journey... That's no disrespect! All of us go through this... But you've only been trying for one cycle. It can take a healthy couple up to one year to conceive! I honestly would try to calm down... Its not impossible but a little unlikely to conceive in the first month. Are you taking your temp to measure when you ovulate? 
  • Options
    Also if you're late, take a test ❤️
  • Options
    It’s been difficult these past few months. I’m having surgery and I’ve been very all over the place emotionally. Which isn’t helping. No one really talks to you about how hard it is to actually get pregnant until you start to try and actually read about how difficult the process can be. My thyroid has given me so many problems that I I’m also just scared I won’t be able to have children which I didn’t know I would even feel this way until now. I know I started being crazy too early because I have anxiety that can be extreme sometimes. I appreciate you talking to me and not being mean I don’t have a lot of people to discuss things like this with. So I wrote this this morning in the middle of a panic attack. :/ I realize how crazy I sound once I’ve been able to calm down. I haven’t started tracking my temperature this is all so new to me. I actually never wanted children until recently. 
  • Options
    Also Thank you for just talking to me. 
  • Options
    No worries. I know plenty of people with issues with their thyroid and have conceived. Enjoy the journey!