Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

ttc

Hi
I had my last depo shot last October, I stopped it because myself and my partner decided we'd like to try for a baby. We're almost a year on from my last shot now and still no joy. I have had regular periods since April and positive ovulation tests.
My partner has crohns disease, does anybody know if this can effect anything? x

Replies

• Options
    Awww @Amyy:) I'm sorry you are struggling. Ttc is a difficult journey. It is perfectly normal for it to take up to a year for the healthiest of couples. How long are your cycles? When do you think  you normally ovulate in your cycle? Xxx
  • Options
    I don't know about you DH but just wanted to day hello. We are on cycle 19 of ttc and know how trying and difficult it can be when things aren't happening. 
  • Options
    Hi @cheesecoleslaw86I have been tracking my cycles and they're 28 days long, usually ovulate anywhere from day 12 to 15.
    I am due to start my period today or tomorrow, nothing yet today thought but I'm 99% certain it will come tomorrow. I had a lot of cramping and headaches yesterday but felt fine today. It just seems such a long time that we've been trying eventhough it's really not 🥴 I suppose when you're tracking everything and over thinking things though it doesn't help, but it's hard not to 😩 x
  • Options
    Try using bbt temping to guarantee you are definitely ovulating. Once you get a positive ovulation test you should see a rise in your basal body temperature ie very first temperature of the day, before you move from bed. A sustained rise in temperature after a positive ovualtion test shows you have definitely ovulated. As ovulation tests can give false positives. Although I suspect from your regular cycles you are ovulating. 

Have you tried the sperm meets egg plan. It's a schedule for when to bd. It is a bit intense but it worked for us 😊 have a Google of it. 

Also there is a thread in the trying to conceive section called hoping for a bfp in Oct.... It changes every no th and there are a lot of ladies on there with lots of ttc experience, advice and most importantly support. 

Good luck I hope you get your bfp really soon xxx
  • Options
    Thankyou! No I have never tried that I'll have a look into it 😊 thankyou xx