Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hormonal Issue, PCOS or Stress?

I have been trying to conceive since July. In September, I had an early miscarriage around 5 weeks, called a "chemical pregnancy". The embryo just didn't sit correctly and I got my period. This period was very heavy. Then in October I got my period normally. However, I haven't had a period since (50+ days missed). My entire life I have had normal consistent periods, normal flow, average cramps so I didn't think anything of this. However, I am now going to the OB as it's been a while and the OB sent me for blood work on my thyroid, and pituitary gland. That came back normal. They did find inflammation in my thyroid so I had an ultrasound which also came back normal. I don't think this sounds like PCOS but obviously with a loss of cycle, it can be anything.

I'm currently on day 2 of Provera to induce my period so that I can go for day 3, day 21 blood tests and then I may be put on Clomid if they find that I'm not ovulating. 

I'm rather confused because if I never had an issue, how would PCOS all of a sudden be a possibility and how would I randomly lose a period. The only thing I can think of is the fact I recently was on topamax (anti-epileptic) but have come off of the medication. Maybe that played a factor in my hormones? idk 

Additionally, I was having mild cramps, bloating during the time my period was lost (so I was sure I'd get it but never did). My discharge has also been very clear and wet feeling and yet some days were milk-white. My LH was also up and down 10-30 IU/ML. As I'm new to even considering a fertility issue, I'm not sure if what im experiencing is just hormonal and can be fixed or if I need to brace myself for the idea that having a child is going to be a longer process than anticipated..

I'm just looking to see if anyone can offer some help or guidance, it would be very appreciated as I can only go based off articles that don't give me much except to relax.