Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Is something wrong with me?

Me and my partner have been trying to conceive for over a year now and still nothing. I am 32 and he is 45. I've read that older couples can take longer to conceive but maybe something is wrong? I've done loads of ovulation tests and they come back with a smiley face and we are doing everything we can but still nothing. What should I do?

Replies

• Options
    Over 30s can take up to two years. But if you have been trying for a year,  you can now go to doctor for help and support. 🙂 X
  • Options
    @SorrentoMummy   thanks so much for your advice. I am going to call the doc today and see what the next step is for us. X
  • Options
    Hello we started trying when I was 35 and it took a year and a half. I had early losses at 6 months and 10 months, then fell pregnant 17 months after starting. I had my baby in September :) a month before I turned 37. 

I had blood tests done to check everything was ok and it was thankfully, and my husband had a semen analysis done which was also fine. The dr can do a lot to support if you ask for help. I began tracking my BBT and that really helped to pinpoint the best days to try.

Best of luck, feel free to message me if I can help at all x
  • Options
    @SmithL35 thanks so much for sharing your story. It helps alot to know other people have got help. I just hope my doc can help us. Atleast if my partner can get his semen checked thats one less thing to worry about. 

Thanks again xx
  • Options
    @Kappa88 you're very welcome. Please feel free to message if o can help further xx