Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

When should we try again?

I had a m/c on the 12th october 2009, i was 6 weeks pregnant so it was a very early pregnancy. When is the best time to try again? i don't really know how i should feel about trying again, i'm excited, scared and confused all at once! any advice or tips?

thanks xx kim xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kim,

I had one a few days before you at 6+4 so I know how you feel. We have talked about it a lot and decided to ttc again straight away. We haven't done OPKs this month as obviously not had af yet but we're also not using any protection and letting my body do it's own thing this month - if it happens it happens. From next month I'll use my new CBFM.

It's entirely up to you and you shouldn't feel one thing more than another - only you and OH know how you both feel but make sure you're ready emotionally.

They sometimes advise to wait one af for dating purposes but I asked the midwife and there's no medical reason why you need to wait, as long as it was a straightforward natural mc. Not sure if you had a d&c or complicated loss...?

Hope that helps. All the best xx
  • Options
    HI Kim

I think it is entirely personal choice when you start trying again. Lots of people say that you are super fertile after a mc, so it could be a good time to try from that point of view. I think as long as you are both ready emotionally to start again, then go for it!

As for feeling excited/scared/confused...............you've come to the right place - everyone here is in the same boat and supports everyone else. I don't know what I would have done without the lovely ladies here, so I'm sure that however you are feeling there are ladies on here that will be able to help you.

xxSara
  • Options
    Hi Kim

I'm so sorry for your loss. It's like everyone says, it's entirely up to you when you start TTC again, personally i waited for 1st AF. I had an ERPC (baby died at 9 1/2 weeks) and the nurse in hosp advised that we wait for AF before TTC, but like the girls say i think that this is purely for dating purposes. I waited for AF as i was going through so many different emotions and didn't think i could handle a BFN on the 1st month, and waiting for the 1st AF feels like you are in limbo, as you have no idea when it is going to come. (mine came at exactly 5 weeks) a small part of me wishes that we had started straight away though

Whatever you decide i wish you all the best of luck, and please come on here for a natter, all of the girls are so lovely and answer all of my mad questions!

Take care and good luck.

Jodie xx
  • Options
    Hi Kim

So sorry to hear of your loss. I had a mmc at 12 weeks but it wasnt discovered until 15 weeks and i had a ERPC. We started ttc as soon as we could as it was what we both wanted. I think its all down to personal choice really. My midwife also told me that they tell you to wait for your fist af for dating purposes but we were too impatient!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and keep us posted.

Karen x
  • Options
    Hi

thank you for all your replies it has been really helpful. Its really reassuring to know that others are having similar feelings to me.

I have another question : i have just taken a pregnancy test and it has come back positive. is this because i still have the pregnancy hormones still in my body?

i really dont want to get excited as it has only been like 11 days.
    confused again!

xx
  • Options
    Sorry for your loss Kim. Can't really add to what the others have said just big (((hugs))) and hope you feel better soon xx

My last MC was also at 6+4 and my hormones dropped off really quickly by a week after start of MC I tested negative. However everyone is diffirent so it's possible the hormones may still be from last PG - did you have any negative tests in between?

Off topic your avatar is soooo cute!!

[Modified by: DangerMouse on October 23, 2009 08:11 PM]

• Options
    I havent done any pregnancy tests - that was the first one i tried since my MC. the nurse said it may take a few days/weeks for my hormones to change.
    And the only reason i took the test was because i was feeling light headed and flutttery - which is how i felt when i first found out i was pregnant.

But now i'm torn as i really want to try another test but at the same time i dont as i am kind of setting myself up for a fall.
    Frustrating!! when do you think i should test again?

ps: the avatar is my kitty Pixie - she isnt that small anymore sadly!
  • Options
    hi. i'm very new to all of this but i have been reading loads of posts. i had a m/c Tuesday last and had a d/c on Friday. we were 11 1/2 weeks along and about to tell the world. All i want to do is be pregnant again but i'm also unsure of how long to wait. my friend who has suffered the same started again straight away and my mother in law waited three cycles. i'm confused. thinking about testing for ovulation but unsure.
    sorry this probably doesn't help much.
    good luck
    kat
  • Options
    so sorry about your m/c. i had one at 12weeks and had a erpc. i had one period after that then went for it.i got pregnant that month and im now 21weeks.if u feel ready go for it.it really helps with the pain.good luck with next one x;\)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice everybody.
    i did another PG test and it was negative.
    disapointing. this really sucks!
    xx
  • Options
    Sorry you got a BFN hun. Hope you get your body back soon and sticky dust to you xx
  • Options
    hi calee--that is a wondeul story---i hope that will be ,me soonimage
    kittykat --me and u are so in the same boat---def have 2 keep in touch!x