Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

OMG, think I've brought a holiday bean home with me!!!!!!!!

OMG Girls!!!!!!!!!!

My hubby kept going on at me to poas last night (9DPO). So did an ebay cheapie thinking this is ridiculous, it's just going to be a big fat disappointment. But blow me, the faintest pink line you've ever seen came up after about 3mins!!!!!!! After spending nigh on half an hour squinting at this tiny stick until hubby and I were almost blind we decided to call it a night and try the CB digi in the morning.

Sooooooo, after a very sleepless night, I did the CBD this morning (10DPO) and Pregnant 1-2 weeks came up!!!!!!!!! I just can't believe it. Looks like the secret BD'g on holiday did the trick!

Still feel so wary about the whole thing. And we have tested very early, so am going to try and keep calm, try not to worry too much. What will be, will be. I am certainly in no hurry to leave this forum if that's ok with you girls? :\) :\) :\)

Love,
Edie xxx

Replies

• Options
    Well look what can happen when you get away for a hol. Secret bd is obviously just the thing.
    Well done hun, Very pleased for you.
    Now relax and keep everything crossed,
    Love Koala X X
  • Options
    Edie, that's fantastic news.

I've just got my BFP this morning - 19DPO.

Let's hope we both have a healthy and happy nine months, x
  • Options
    Hi Edie, Congrats!! It doesn't matter how early you test, if you get a +ve then it's a definate!!! YOU ARE PG!!

Congrats to you too Lynnbo. It's so wonderful so see some more graduates from this forum!

Ive just poked my head in here so sorry for crashing but I love to see some good news, especially after the painful times that lead up to it. I know how hard those times are but it's good to know that there is a light at the end of everyone's tunnel, some just take a little longer than others. Girls, it will be a nervous first trimester but believe that everything will be ok this time and keep your PMAs topped up!
    I wish you all the best!

xx
    Sim
  • Options
    Yay, huge congratulations!!!! Your holiday was obviously exactly what you needed. Hope you have a wonderful pregnancy, xxx
  • Options
    You naughty thing poas early! ;\) But Massive congrats!!
    I can not wait to poas as soon as my hubby gets home tomorrow! I so hope i have good news too!!
    Well done! image
  • Options
    Thanks so much girls! It means so much to hear your congrats! I just hope it's a sticky one.

Good luck Newbiemum, got everything crossed for you!

Love,
    Edie xxx

• Options
    Oh Edie, congratulations! Sending you lots of sticky baby dust and all the best for a H&H 9 months!
    Lilou x
  • Options
    Hi Lilou,

So great to hear from you!! I hope you are doing well. You must be around 12 weeks by now?? Have you had your scan yet?

Love,
    Edie xxx
  • Options
    Fantastic huni congratulations! Really pleased for you xx
  • Options
    WOW!!! Brilliant, congratulations to you both xx
  • Options
    Edie, that is just brilliant news, I am so happy for you. Just goes to show a little bit of fun sneaking around and all the excues you had to come up with for sneaking off have done just the trick. It's just wonderful, and you are just a little bit behind me, Well done to you and hubbie, sweetie. Now take good care.

Leigh-Anne x
  • Options
    Congratulations!! Sounds like the holiday did the trick!! What is your EDD?

This gives me PMA because I am off next week on hols!
  • Options
    Arr Edie big congrats, def sounds like the holiday did the trick!

I'm away for the weekend next weekend with hubby which should be when I ovulate too - so you never know this 'going away' malarky might be contagious for BFPs image

xxx
  • Options
    hurrah for secret bd-ing!! well done hun xx

i got my BFP after testing at 9dpo and am 11 weeks today, i can say the only disadvantage of knowing so early is it takes ages to get to the time when you feel its safe to tell people. i feel like ive been pregnant for ages, luckily i had early scan at 8 weeks so it made it all real

good luck for a happy and healthy 8 and a bit months xxx

• Options
    WOW... fantastic news hun!!! All the best with this one... may it be a very healthy sticky bean!!
    xx
  • Options
    Thanks again Girls!

Hi Posy, according to ff my EDD is 7th March! Good luck on your hols next week ;\)

Thanks Leigh-Anne - the sneaking around was definitely worth it!

Good luck to you too Radkad!

Kristen, Socks & Shryo - thanks so much. I so hope it's a sticky one.

Hi Emmyem, great to hear for you! So pleased to hear you are doing well. I totally agree about testing so early. I'm not even past when AF is officially due, so the 12 week milestone seems an age away! Am just going to take every day as it comes, and hope that this time it's a sticky one.

Thanks so much to you all. Your kind words mean so much. I just wish we could all be pg together. :\)

Love,
    Edie xxx

• Options
    Congratulations!!!! I knew you'd get a holiday bean! I'm off to Greece Sunday so fingers crossed I'll be bringing one home with me too!! xx
  • Options
    Hi ya Edie,

OMG I couldn't read this and not reply! Mega fabulous congratualtions chicky, that is great news my dear. Am so happy for you and your OH, and wink wink nudge nudge 'good effort' whislt away with the family, tee hee.

Here's to a very healthy and happy 9 months my lovely.

Love Lou xxxx
  • Options
    fantastic news, wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months.
    xxx
  • Options
    Congratulations love that is amazing news. xx