Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

2 mmc in a row...

Hi Ladies, I just wondered how many of us have had 2 mmc (or mc) in a row and then gone onto have a successfuly pregnancy?

Also, as they don't count recurrent miscarriage until you have had 3 in a row(!), are you able to request any tests or anything after 2? If so, what tests did you have??

We have just had our second mmc and had my op on Wed of this week. I just can't beleive it has happened again, and in the space of just four months!! However, when I asked at the hospital about blood tests etc they said they wouldn't do anything and I would just have to go to my doc. Apparently if they started doing tests etc on women who have had 2, they would be inundated and wouldn't be able to keep up!! Nice!!

I am making an appt with my doc for a couple of weeks and am going to push for some tests, I want to have low iron/ferritin tests and a few others (I must admit I have googled a fair bit!). If he won't refer me, think I may find out about having some done privately. I have no idea if that would be expensive or not tho!! I also don't feel that I have age on my side either, I'm 36! :cry:

The thing is, I need to know really before we even think about trying again. If it is something as simple as taking tablets or doing something different in the beginning, I need to know. I can't go through this again.

Can anyone share any experiences on any of the above???

Thank you.

Zxx

PS So sorry, its turned into a long post...

Replies

• Options
    Hi

I was really sad to hear you've gone through this again. I really do feel your pain.

I had a mmc in April then an ovarian ectopic in July. It has been heartbreaking. I don't even know if I was to mc again if they would class it as my second or third for investigating. But I do know I'll get early scans due to the ectopic.

I have started taking 75mg of aspirin every day. It's either a junior aspirin or quarter a regular one. My friend had 2 consecutive mc and was advised this by her midwife and was successful with baby no3!

I thought I'd never want start ttc again due to the horrific experience of the ectopic but we have started already! It's amazing what we can pick ourselves up from and it will all be worth it when we get our gorgeous baby!

Stay strong

xxx
  • Options
    Hello lovely,

I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this again - it's so cruel :cry:

All mc are awful and heartbreaking but there's something a bit deceitful on mother natures part about a mmc I feel!

I went through 2 in a row - 1st at 10 weeks, should have measured 13 weeks and the 2nd was a blighted ovum/no fetal pole - found out at what would have been 9 weeks. Now I was in a very fortunate position (or not, depends how you look at it) to undergo tests and be referred to a consultant cuz of where I worked...I had numerous blood tests for blood clotting disorders, auto-immune disorders, genetic abnormalities and hubby did too, I had a scan to check my ovaries/uterus and was also advised to take 75mg aspirin from when we started TTC again until 34 weeks...

...I have just stopped taking the aspirin because on our 3rd attempt at TTC, we had our sticky BFP at last image

I never ever believed it would happen, even after all our results came back clear, I just felt I would never get the chance to be pregnant but it does happen and it WILL happen for you too! I was told my mmc were just 'bad luck' which was a bitter pill to swallow at the time but my situation
    has now completely changed which just shows how 'luck' will change.

Keep taking your folic acid...hubby and I both took pregnacare his and her conception and speak to your GP about the aspirin. I don't know how much private tests etc cost but your GP may be sympathetic and do the blood tests for you - fingers crossed!

Take care Z xxx
  • Options
    Hi Ladies, just wanted to say thanks for all of your replies. Will keep you updated when I have been to the docs in a week or two, and see what he says about tests etc. Zxx