Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Maybe TMI but how much sex is too much?

Hiya girls :\)

Sorry if this is too much info for some of you but really needing advice. The mr and I have always had a very active sex life and often we have sex 3 or 4 times a night with him ejaculating each time. Now ive heard this may be too much.

Could this possibly be the reason we are struggling ttc?

Could we have used up all the strong ones at the wrong time etc??

What is the best amount you should have and when?

Confused :\?

xxx

Replies

• Options
    Wow Mrs TIL, good on you, I wish I/we had the energy for that!!

I think that 3 or 4 times a night would be great round ovulation time...maybe you could hold back a bit the week before ovulation so that you have lots of fresh swimmers ready when they are really needed.

I have heard though that it makes no difference how often you BD, there will still be lots of swimmers produced each time.

Maybe someone will come along who knows a bit better than me!!

xxx
  • Options
    Thanks posy!
    Dont get me wrong its not 3 of 4 times every night! But when we have the energy we have the energy! lol
    I just dont know there are so many conflicting opinions regarding this isn't there??
    xxxxx
  • Options
    LOL - love it image

You do get lots of conflicting opinions - I read that men shouldn't store sperm up as then it can be 'old and not very good swimmers' then if you have if too often they might not have strength to swim as too new (or something!!!!) and read you should have it every other day to keep the sperm regular & healthy and to ensure there is always sperm in us for when the egg is ready to be fertilised............gawd knows!!!!!

I think you just need to do what you feel is right by you and maybe not have loads of sex over your fertile bit to make sure sperm healhly but have it regular enough so sperm always in the uterus?!

Not sure hunny - soz not been much help!!!!!
    xx
  • Options
    LOL! I think we are going to try it once every couple of days, broke the news to the mr this morning he didn't seem too pleased!! lol but he said its all in a good cause so he would go with the flow, whatever i wanted bless him!

I just want to be pregnant NOW! But i have to keep reminding myself to be realistic it took us 4 months to fall the last time which i know is relatively short! Ahhh will just need to see how it goes!

Sorry i feel like i'm talking gibberish this morning haha xxxx
  • Options
    Well good luck MrsTIL!

With all the BDing I'm sure it won't be too long before you get your BFP image
  • Options
    Be OK - good luck and enjoy it image Then your hubby can have the more sex option when its not over the crucial few days LOL

xx
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!! Problem is after the mc my cycles are all over the place so i dont actually know when the crucial few days are which makes it harder!

xxxxx
  • Options
    I have you tried using ovulation sticks to find out the day you ovulate - then go mad when you get a smily face!