Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

help!

Hi girls! I started MC yesterday at 5 weeks! How do you know if you need a d+c or one of those EP thingies! Sorry I can't remember what they are called! I def know that I'm MC as on thurs got preg 2-3 on test and today 1-2! Yesterday had red blood and today just brown! I've been having cramps but not really painfull ones! Going to see my doctor on monday but I'm concerned because I've not blead much that there is stuff still inside me if that makes sence! Someone told me a miscarriage if as heavy if not heavier than your AF and the bleeding I've had was no where near that! Didn't even really need a sanatary towel (sorry TMI) can anyone help and let me know what to expect at the doctors! Ta xxx

Replies

• Options
    i would go to your GP, MC bleeding depends on how early you are, i was alot further on so can't really advise but they would prob recommend a scan. Bleeding early in preg is very very common. I wouldnt use CBD tests to gauge this as they go on the concentration of hcg... did you do both tests with fmu?... x
  • Options
    Hi Becky Lou,

Really sorry to hear this. In fact, your concerns are similar to what mine were.

This is my story, if it helps: I was around 6 weeks preg and was woken up in the middle of the night with really bad cramping pains and very little bleeding (red). In the morning I only had brown blood but still had pains. We went to the doctor and they did a scan and a blood test and said that I had most likely MC (but at that stage they weren't sure as my hormone levels were lower but still high), I had MC because then I just bled the following 7 days. But like you, I was expecting really heavy bleeding and clots, this wasn't the case at all. It was a much lighter period than I usually have (around 1 pad a day). I went back to the doctors one week later for a check up and I was really scared that I hadn't eliminated everything, but I had and needed no other procedure.

Hope this helps. Good luck.