Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

still no af

i had my d & c 7 weeks ago and i have not had a period yet! i have tested and im not pregnant. rang the epas unit and they said not too worry it will happen eventually!!!!! but all im thinking is im not ovualting hence no period and i cant get pregnant until i do! also i get married in 18 days and i would like to get my 1st one over before then as it would be an extra hassle i wouldnt need on the day or for that matter after it as we fly out on our honeymmon the next day. has anyone else gone this long? as im also worrying that something is wrong now.

have been ttc since the bleeding stopped and as i said no BFP yet. just stocked up on 25 tests from ebay though so im good to go :lol:

babydust for everyone x

Replies

• Options
    I found waiting for the first AF after mc so frustrating. You don't know how long you are going to have to wait. As for the ovulation, I read somewhere that you will have a period even if you don't ovulate. Not much comfort on the ovulation front I know. I imagine it will come soon, hang in there xx Mine came 5 weeks after the bleeding stopped but I was a regular 28 day cycle before mc so I don't know if it has anything to do with that.
  • Options
    i waited 6 weeks and 7 days to get my period. i called the doctor after 6 weeks as she had told me that it would take between 3 and 6 weeks but she said she wouldnt worry ntil 12 weeks and if it didnt happen with another 2 weeks so would have waited 8 weeks then to go and see her as she knows we are waiting to try again. hang in there but maybe you could give the doc a call to put your mind at risk. my periods prior to the miscarriage were also 28 days regular. xx
  • Options
    i might give the doc a phone this week if still no sign. i have no idea what my cycle is as i came straight off the pill and fel pg right away so i havent had a proper period since may when i came off the pill. we were told not to try until 1st af but as its taken so long to be honest we cant wait that long. will just see if we are lucky or not. am testing every few days for BFP which makes me feel like such a freak but as i have no inidication of af timing im worried i might be and just dont know as i have no timings to go on. does that make sense!! prob not. maybe i am just a pee on a stick freak :lol:
  • Options
    I would hold off poas too much if I were you, unless you think you have any symptoms because it just runs you into the ground. Don't forget stress delays your period anyway xx I am sure it is all fine. Hope your ok x