Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

advice

Hi Amy
There is a possibility of getting a negative whe you are pregnant. My mate was 6 months gone and still getting negative results!!

I had a sight bleed, which apparently was an implantation bleed when the egg implanted itself into my womb. I also had bad period pain and was taking painkillers like sweets!!

I would relax and go back to the docs next week if you've still had no period. The doc can do a blood pregnancy test if necessary which are 100% accurate.

Good luck and everything crossed for you!!!

Replies

• Options
    Thanks Amy!! I think she's gorgeous but then I'm biased!

I honestly can't remember when I had my bleed, but it was at the same time I was taking millions of pills! My periods were a bit random too, some months 28 days, some 40 and others inbetween!!!!!
  • Options
    Hi Amy. Welcome to PP, I hope you find the site as useful and fun as we all do.

Your situation sounds similar to a friend of mine who didn't have a period for ages and yet every test came back negative. Sometimes you miss a period for no apparent reason, just one of those things, or caused by the anxiety of wanting it to come or not, or wanting to be pregnant. I was never very regular but I was also able to control them to an extent so if I didn't want one badly enough, I missed one.

I suggest you leave it a few more days and then try a really sensitive test like the Clearblue digital and take it first thing in the morning during yor first pee. Keep a note of the dates just in case.

Good luck and let us know how you get along. N.xx
  • Options
    Hi Amy
    Welcome to pp
    Sorry to hear about your situation and i can't offer much advice, apart from when my mum was pregnant with me all the results from the doctors came back negative and she just knew she was pregnant!
    Just try and keep as relaxed as you can (easier said than done) and keep us posted xx
  • Options
    Hi Amy, welcome to pp, and i hope you find it helpful.

I had the same problem (well, similar), with my first, i had slight bleeding and was gutted, as i thought it was a period, but it went again that day, so i jus thought it was a light one, then after chatting to a close friend about a week later, she said she also had the same andsuggested taking another test (as the first came out neg), and sure enough, next morn, there it was a big fat positive.

Then same with second pregnancy, negative, then positive. I would say, try another tes in a few days.

And please, let us know how you get on.
    Kas xx
  • Options
    Hi Amy - Welcome to PP

I don't know the answer to your problem but wanted to say Hi.

This site can get a bit additive though so be warned