Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Hello Everyone!!

Hi Katie,
So glad you are feeling better. I know after I miscarried I didn't conciously think of taking time out or trying again. But then it just happened.
Take care, and let us know how you go. This site is the best for support and advice, I love it!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Kate,

I'm so pleased to hear you sounding more positive, it couldn't have been easy for you but like you say you need to move forward.

I know there are girls on here who have experienced what you've gone through and i'm sure when they read your note will be full of helpful advice for you.

Take care, and good luck for the future. Zoe xx
  • Options
    Glad to see you back and feeling alot better.i think there is truth behind it as i heard from friends that they fell almost instantly after a miscarridge but im not sure how truthful it is,i know its easier to fall again after giving birth.

Anyway hope all goes well and dont rush it,it will happen when it happens,love and luck.
    Take care
    chat soon

xx
  • Options
    Hi Kate,

Glad you and your hubby are feeling much better and positive!!!

XX
  • Options
    Hi everyone:)

I have never posted before, but felt the need with this one as I can relate, I had a miscarraige a few years ago and the docter advised to wait a bit! although that didn't exactly happen and I fell pregnant pretty much straight away:) everything was fine and my daughter is now seven, personally I think it helped to just go with the flow and not plan when to try next:)
    Good luck x
  • Options
    Hiya Kate

It's so good to see you back on here and you sound so positive well done you're being so strong x x

I think i mentioned it in a pm to you but after my miscarriage we ignored the doctorsadvice and started trying straight away, it had taken 10months to concieve the baby i lost but only 3 months (and only 2 periods in that time with things settling down) to get Ethan. It definatly kick started my system and Amber was a complete surprise!!!

I think for your own sanity as well it does help to be trying again rather than on stanstill so i say go for it and i wish you all the luck in the world!!! x x x x x
  • Options
    I agree, In the end these things will happen when they're ready to, so being put on a standstill is probably pointless anyway! glad that you are feeling brighter and enjoy the next few weeks or months of trying!! take care x
  • Options
    Hi Kate

It's good to see you back again! I'm sorry but I don't have any advice from experience, however I would say that each individual is different so go at your own pace. My mate lost her baby in childbirth and was advised to wait 3 or 4 months before trying again. They ignored it and started trying again within weeks. Personally i think this was too soon for her body and it needed to recover, and she needed to grieve. She now has 2 healthy and happy children!!

Go for it!!
  • Options
    Hi Kate,

Glad you are feeling a bit better.
    I lost my baby in childbirth and waited before I decided to try again. I knew I had to grieve first. However, each person and situation is different you should do what you feel is right for you.
    Take care and wishing you all the best.
  • Options
    Hiya Kate,
    its lovely to see you on here again, and im pleased you are thinking forward and positively. im afraid i cant offer any advice, but i would have thought the best thing is to do whats right for you both,
    best of luck in whatever you decide.
    take care hun, and hope to chat soon
    kas xx
  • Options

Hi' I just thought I would share my story, I had a baby 4 years ago( soon to be 5) she came early prem at 31 weeks due to placenta abrupt ion, we were very lucky as she's doing really well then late last year we thought we would try again, I fell pregnant as soo as we started trying and everything was going so well I got a little nervous when we reached 31 weeks thinking it might happen but it was fine only to reach 33+6 days and the worse thing happened I had an abruption again only this time we weren't so lucky and by the time we got to the hospital and delivered the baby he died this happened 8 months ago. We decided to try again 6months later and again we fell pregnant but sadly miscarriaged at 11 weeks. We are thinking of trying again but not sure if we can bear the pain of losing a 4th baby.

i wish you all the luck in the world and hope all your dreams comes true x