Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has AF come early?

Hi
I took my last pill on July 18, then had my bleed 4 days after that on 22. However, I have started bleeding again and have cramps today (30th). Could this be my first proper AF or just body havign a bit of a clear out (sorry, TMI) as it settles down from coming off the pill?
I phoned the nurse at my surgery and she said it could be either, and if the bleed lastsa few days it's prob AF. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?
Thanks v much
MLT :\)
PS Not a great day to be getting cramps really - first day of potty training LO!! :roll:

Replies

• Options
    oh dear - i'm not sure hun
    i took my last pill yesterday and expecting withdrawal bleed on saturday - so i'll let you know what happens with me

how is potty-training going?
  • Options
    When i came off the pill i had the same, normal WB then a few days later bled for one day (i counted this as af but may have been a clear out as you say!) then 3 weeks later proper af came. Then next cycle was 31 days. So not exactly sure if yours is af but wanted you to know what my experience was x
  • Options
    Hi

Thanks for the replies image
    Well at the moment it looks similar to Minieggs and seems to be only a light bleed. So I'm thinking it's the clearout! Can't really think about trying to conceive until I've had a proper AF I guess, so may just try and enjoy some UPSI-ing!

RE Potty training - well, he did lots of wees on the potty or toilet and we only had 4 accidents. I don't think that's too bad. (No poos what-so-ever today??)
    I got a bit stressed out about it TBH cos I keep asking other mums what they do then getting in a flap cos I haven't got the courage to just try it my way and do what seems best for us and LO. I'm a dreadful worrier and, tho I'm not bothered about accidents, I'm worried I'm not doing it right in order to give him the best chance to succeed. I am exhausted today after so much worrying!!

Sorry for the rant, but it's helped to get it out ;\)

Will keep you posted,
    MLT x