Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone waiting until Dec?

Hi ladies,

Hubs and I started kind of ttc on our honeymoon but had a chemical pregnancy which was a bit disappointing but I'm ok about. We've decided that the sensible thing to do now is to wait until the end of the year to try again. Firstly because of our finances after the wedding and the fact that we desperately need to move house to have room for a baby and secondly because my two best friends are getting married next year and I need to fit into their bridesmaid dresses and be there for them on their hen dos and wedding days.

I know that waiting is the most sensible thing to do but after actually thinking I was pregnant last week it seems torturous. Has anyone else got a few months to wait? I've got to try to distract myself with finding a house and stuff but it's going to be hard.

xx

Replies

• Options
    Yes, me! We are waiting until December/January as our mortgage is up to renewal next August, and with hubby having gone self employed this year, I really need to be on full salary when we apply for a new mortgage to stand a chance of getting one. Rubbish, but it means waiting for us too. It's not fun. I am obsessed with babies and hubby would happily just go for it and hope things work out for the best if it wasn't for me!

Congratulations on the wedding and good luck with the house hunting - it should be fun and hopefully like you said a good distraction. I'm sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy too... that must be horrible. xx
  • Options
    I feel your pain. Bloody annoying being sensible isn't it. I'm telling myself that I can concentrate on making everything perfect for when we do have a baby.

xx
  • Options
    im trying again in December, just lost one so giving my body chance to recover, crap waiting tho.
  • Options
    We are going start ttc for no.2 in December after our holiday, although it seems a long time away but it will go really quickly
  • Options
    This sounds exactly like my dilema! I'm bridesmaid 30 April 2011 for my friend. I think I should wait until Dec to TTC as well, if I fell straight away i'd be 4 1/2 months for her wedding. I worry that the dress would not fit. Broodymare when are you bridesmaid?
  • Options
    me! We are waiting untill Deember January to start trying, although we are having upsi at the moment we are not really "trying" if you know what I mean!
  • Options
    Me, supposedly! I am meant to be coming off the pill in Dec but I was made redundant a week and a half ago and we are having to move to a one-bed flat to save money :\(

Really unsure as to what's going to happen. Do you girls think we should just go ahead with TTC plans and hope for the best? Or should we wait until we're more sorted? Any opinions?

Cent x
  • Options
    We're in a similar situation to some of you, started TTC end of August but I've decided I'm not happy in my job and want to find another ideally before I'm pregnant - don't want to be in a highly stressful job where I can hardly take care of myself let alone have a healthy pregnancy. Plus we're going for our first mortgage too and want to be in good financial shape for that. I'm quite disappointed though, the false start seems to make it all the harder to wait again.

Centurion, I think if you take the time to make sure you're settled and have enough money you'll feel better prepared to look after a LO. On the other hand, there's always a reason why the situation isn't perfect for having babies, if we all waited till it was perfect there'd never be any!
  • Options
    Me!! We're gonna start ttc at Christmas. I had dd at the end of march, so having at least a 18 month gap is perfect. I no what u mean about waiting as we were ttc lo before our wedding & decided to stop for 6 months as I didn't want to be heavily pg at wedding. It was a long 6 months!!!

J xx
  • Options
    Im in the same boat too!
    I got married in July this year. Im sooo broody and cant wait to have a child. Hubby feels the same. However, although we already have a good sized home, I really want to move to the area that I grew up in, which is only 20 mins away and closer to both our sets of parents. Im being sensible trying to move first but its hard!! If we do move house then it will be the perfect time!
  • Options
    Oh me, me- *waves hand excitedly!
    Got married at the end of August and can try end of Nov/Dec seriously can't wait... but it is starting to feel like very soon...
  • Options
    Me!! im waiting until December and its bloody stupid! Argh I want a baby now now NOW!!!!
  • Options
    we're ttc number 2 around dec too! scary!!!
  • Options
    We are waiting until Jan / Feb time to start trying for number 1. We got married 4 weeks go and are going on honeymoon to Kenya in January. Because of the malaria tables and Jabs we will need to wait till we get back, so It will be end of January for us.... Wish we could do it sooner.

• Options
    Hi ladies!

I haven't been on here for ages because I think it makes my broodiness worse. Anyway, we're getting closer.

To answer the question about when I'm a bridesmaid - it's in May. But my dress is a size too big so I'm hoping it'll be ok. My friend understands that I want to start trying by then.

We are hoping to move into our new house in 2 weeks so we'll be one step closer.

xx
  • Options
    Me!!! literally just decided in last few days but we will be trying for no.2 in Dec - my last pill pack finished start Dec so mid Dec will be the time for us. My DD will be 2 end Jan so time seems perfect for us. My hubby was thinking more Jan to start but i got my way!
  • Options
    we are going to start ttc in jan. would like to start sooner but we have a 3 week holiday planned in jan/feb and id rather not have morning sickness/worries of potential miscarriage/etc when im half way round the world. feels like ages away though image