Forum home Article comments
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Talkback: Cryptic pregnancy - when you don't know you're pregnant

124»

Replies

• Options
    I'm the same I haven't had a period for 13 weeks and now being  ignored by scan company 
  • Options
    Hi all,
    I've been getting nausea and vomiting (sometimes up to 6 times a day) for the past 6-7 weeks. I'm also getting cravings, bleeding gums (had this with my first baby) and aversion. My boobs have grown so big that they don't fit in my bra and I'm getting weird feelings in my abdomen around my belly button area. Last proper period was 17th April then had a 2.5 day "period" 14th May. Every pregnancy test I've done shows such a faint positive (almost looks like the the evaporation line) and even doctors have done tests which they concluded as negative but I feel like I am pregnant. I had the same feeling with my first. At first the doctors thought it might be early days and I might have HG but now with all the negative tests they're not sure. They want to do endoscopy to check for ulcers even though all the tests they've done for that has come back negative too. Has anyone else had this? I've got a blood test booked in a week so I guess I'll find out then 🙃
  • Options
    Hello all! Can anyone tell me if they’re going through what I am currently? I had a myomectomy in January which I’m supposed to still have my period but I haven’t had one since. Had some bleeding in February but every month since I’ll see light pink when i wipe for maybe an hour then nothing. Breasts are so sore i can’t lay on my stomach flat, negative pregnancy tests & blood tests. I’ve never felt like this with all these symptoms and not been pregnant. Someone please help me
  • Options
    So i know i havent posted in a while but i still have the same thing going on. I went in to the doctors and they all still think im crazy. I am from w.v and they wont do an ultra sound on me cause none of their test were negative yet i had 3 home test that were positive and i looked in my chart to see what my hgc levels were and did some research of my own. What they said was negative kept coming up positive everyplace i checked my research on. I still cant sleep at night no matter how i sleep yet at times i feel like i cant breathe and i feel movement on my right side of my uterus. Im 29 and my periods have always been irregular. My stomach is still big and my nipples are still brown in color. I know what a cryptic pregnancy is and i am still insisted that im pregnant. My mom and my girlfriend who is also pregnant thinks so too. If i am that would make my 33 wks pregnant. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas to help my nerves calm down a bit? I wish it would all come to a point to where a doctor can tell me whats going on and that they stop thinking im nuts. I cant take much more of this. HELP please???

• Options
    I was on the pill but got off it for a while. This was because I suspected I was pregnant the first month of getting off my birth control because I was 2 weeks late for next coming period. Had most of the symptoms the first month which I looked up online. I did home pregnancy tests but we're negative. The end of the first month I got the covid vaccine my last dose as I didn't think I was pregnant because of the negative tests. I probably took around more than 5 tests at the time. The second month my period comes or what I think is my period which was around the time I would have gotten my period last month. It was very short 2 days, the third day gone just a spot almost. I was still getting the symptoms of being pregnant so I was tracking each week symptoms if I were to be pregnant and my symptoms seemed to match everything. I was also taking pregnancy tests all with a cup but never first thing in the morning which were all negative. That second month I went to a clinic where I got tested through blood and urine which were negative. So I thought maybe I just wasn't pregnant. I was still tracking my pregnancy week if I were to be pregnant still because of my symptoms I was still feeling. So the third month comes and again I had spotting or a period which was also for 2 days the 3rd day almost faint spotting. I tested with a home pregnancy test it was negative and also went to see a different doctor at a clinic because I didn't have a doctor at the time. They did a urine test only which was negative again... It's been more than 4 months now which I'm starting to show other people around me notice it as well. I still have all of the symptoms of being pregnant because I have still been tracking the weeks of my pregnancy online looking up symptoms. I have gained 15 pounds now my belly is round in a way that looks like pregnancy and not weight gain. It's growing upwards into my abdomen. I even looked up pregnant belly photos of being pregnant of the weeks that I think I may be and I seem to match the same almost bigger when I'm bloated. The first symptoms I noticed in the first two months was the boating and peeing a lot. Now the bloating happens at any time of the day not only when I eat a meal. If I am pregnant this would be my second pregnancy. My first pregnancy was an emergency c-section which was 3 years ago.