Boy or girl: can my pregnancy scan be wrong?

SystemSystem mod
edited Mar 30, 2019 9:26PM in Article comments

imageBoy or girl: can my pregnancy scan be wrong?

Lots of pregnant women and partners look forward to finding out the sex of their baby at their ultrasound scan. But is it always correct? Not according to MFM mums and the experts...

Read the full story here

• At my 20 week scan I was told I was having a girl. Sonographer’s words were ‘she looks like a girl’ and was so certain. I was so excited and painted the nursery pink, had her name picked, personalised little bits and everything she would need. Of course in pink!
    Fast forward to 25 weeks I went for a 4d scan, so many parents and I could see her little face.
    She then became he??? How on earth could boy bits be missed I have no idea.
    But I can clearly see boy bits on the ultra sound! Was absolutely shocked. I’m happy to be having a son now that it has sunk in! And I can’t wait to meet him.
  • @Jazz223 : Just curious . did you deliver baby boy then?
    I am in the same situation , got my 19 week anatomy scan and it says girl. Dont know if i should trust .
  • edited Jul 22, 2019 8:40AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums. 
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines. 

• In my 20 week scan on Friday sonograher told about that gender it look like a girl.... I need to trust...
  • So interesting to hear everyone's experiences – thanks so much for your comments!