Forum home Pregnancy Baby names
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Name thread anyone?

We haven't had one for ages.

With S, we had one boy's name and that was it. We could never really agree on a girl's. So now we are stumped because we used our one choice up Laugh.

I'd like something a little old fashioned but still cool and not too widely used. In an ideal world, one syllable but that narrows the choice considerably so I may have to let that go.

We won't be finding out the sex so need to have both sex names agreed on, preferably with back ups in case a certain royal who will probably give birth at the same time steals my name Crying

So, hit me with some inspiration ladies! 

Replies

• Options

I found this list of one-syllable names - there's more choice for boys than girls: tamarrion.tripod.com/id4.html

• Options

Thanks DS, there are some nice names on there (and some, ahem, unusual ones too...Bach?!) I love the name Abe but H has vetoed :(

• Options

We are having Thea (currently no middle name as I chop and change between 3 names Weep) so she's Thea No Middle Name at the moment!

If she were a boy she was going to be Samuel Thomas or Saul Thomas

I have Isaac, Lucas and William too. Isaac would have been Jonah if I'd have dug my heels in and absolutely insisted on it but h refused, which is why we are having middle name issues this time because I refuse to let h get his own way lol.

Friends/colleagues  who have had baby's recently are called Isla, Ava, Willow Matthew and Joel

Have you tried nymbler?

• Options

Thea is lovely TRF :) I also really like Isaac and Jonah. I might be able to get H on board with Isaac...

Weirdly, we both like Penny for a girl which goes against all my rules lol. My other faves are Faye and Sadie but again, H vetoed.

What's nymbler? Goes off to Google...

• Options

Oh and we have middle names, Andrew for a boy and Ellen for a girl. Just remembered Constance is another favourite of mine. I don't seem to mind more than one syllable for girls...

• Options

My favourite girl names for a potential second are Nell and Nora. Clueless on boy names though!

• Options

TRF - there is a Thea in our Musical Steps group, so cute!

We're stuck on names and we know we're having a girl this time!  We'd decided on Ava last time so H wants to us that this time but I'm not sure on it.  I'm actually quite liking Martha at the moment but H isn't keen.

For boys I like Noah, Lucas.  We really struggled last time and only settled on Angus the day we went to register him!