Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going into the big cot

Kenny has finally grown out of his moses basket so he is going into his cot at the weekend. He is nearly 3 times his birth weight now and is filling out nicely. Im not worried about him not sleeping in it because he has slept in it twice at my mums and has slept through. I think it will help my back as im getting sore having to bend over while changing his nappy.

[Modified by: denise007 on 26 March 2008 09:14:46 ]

Replies

• Options
    Kara is in a crib at the minute and she slept no problem moving from the moses basket to this so I think she should sleep no problem when she goes into the cot soon. I have the cot in her own room and she will be moving in there very shortly. I'm just waiting to get curtains sorted for her room and thats it although I will miss her in our room.
  • Options
    Kenny will still sleep with us for now but I will miss him being right next to my bed. When he wakes up in the morning he is full of smiles and laughing and I just lean over to play with him, now I will have to get out of bed.
  • Options
    Morgana moved into her own room and cot when she was about 3 1/2 months old as she kept bumping her head in the moses basket. We were lucky as she didn't mind at all, I think she was glad to be in her own room away from her dad's snoring.
  • Options
    We only have 2 bedrooms at the moment. So Jordan and Levi have the biggest room and we have the smallest. There is no room for a cot and so Ellie will have to stay in her moses basket until we find somewhere else.
    maria x
  • Options
    We had to swap bedrooms the other day to make room for the cot and everything is still not in the right place. Ellie will get another couple of months out of her moses basket, Kenny is nearly 4 1/2 months now and just going into his cot.
  • Options
    Tonights the night. He is in bed now and I hope he sleeps all night. Poor wee Kenny had terrible wind last night and woke at 1am and wouldnt settle so I had to feed him. He is getting so funny now, laughing and smiling all the time.
    Wish us luck
    xx
  • Options
    it's lovely when they start smiling. I can't wait for her to get to that stage. Poor Kenny, I hope he has a better night tonight.
    maria x
  • Options
    Kenny loves his new cot, maybe I should have put him in it sooner. Although last night it took him a while to settle but that was because the clocks went forward so technically he was in bed an hour early. He looks so tiny in it but im sure he will fill up the space soon enough.