Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Breast feeding at night - am I doing it wrong?

2»

Replies

• Options
    I haven't read all the replies yet, but could you try to get as much milk into her as possible before bedtime? I used to feed dd then do the bathtime routine and then feed her again. She would still wake up once or twice through the night but she tended to go straight back to sleep - sometimes she would fall asleep on the boob and i would have to gently wind her before laying her down in her cot.

I also used to co-sleep and feed her lying down which makes the night feeds seem less of a chore!

My dd occasionally slept through at 7 months and now at 10 months she mostly sleeps through but can still wake up once or twice if her teeth are bothering her!

• Options
    Thank you everyone for your lovely support and ideas!

I already do the lying down feeding thing which is so snuggly, but hadn't thought about the thirst element so will deffo up my water intake at night. I think I might also try a split feed before and after her bath, before the dreamfeed at 10pm.

I love the advice you get on BE cos it really does show how varied babies are - stuff my mil!!!

Thank you so so much ladies, you are all beautiful. xxxx

PS Gems - my Christmas this year was so much more cheerful than last year!