Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Swine Flu Jab

Hi all,

Will you be taking your children for the swine flu jab?? If you are pregnant have you had it?

I have had mine as I am 13 weeks pregnant and with two children under 4 I cannot afford to get swine flu and have my partner take time off work, and also would not like to pass it on to them.

Replies

• Options

hi katandjoh,

i dun really want!!! they didnt do enough test on the jab. i dun want my kids to be a gunein pig! i will wait till another 6 mths b4 i decided.

i work in hospital. most of the doctors and nurses didnt want to take it. so i decided to listen to them and wait and see how it goes.

but dun take my words, speak to someone/dr/HV if u have concern.

cheers,

eileen

• Options
    Thanks, I will do, but I am guessing it has been confirmed safe if they are telling us, but yes I think I will wait a while till I personally know someone who has had it/whose children of had it,as I have and had no reactions but I am not a young child lol
  • Options

I was also worried it is quite new, but maybe its worth the risk?  I am going to read up on the possible consequences of not having it and the side effects of having it. My Husband has had it already due to be asthmatic but I havent, my grandad has also had it he is diabetic and suffers with heart conditions, they both seem fine.

• Options
    I am asthmatic and i haven't even been offered it. I am not even sure i want it. I think that if we are going the children swine flu jab then they should have the flu jab as more people die from that each year.