Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

suitable pushchair for holiday?

Hi all,

I have an icandy apple which is rather big and bulky and doesn't fold down very small. We are going on holiday to Portugal for 2 weeks in May when my baby will be 4 1/2 months old and I don't really want to take the icandy so am looking for a cheap lightweight pushchair/stroller that folds down small.

But all the ones I have seen so far say they are suitable from 6 months onwards. I was just wondering if anyone knew why this is - is it a safety issue? Will it harm baby or baby development etc?

As baby will be almost 5 months could I use a stroller or will I have to stick to the pram?

Thanks for any advice

xx

Replies

• Options
    I'm not sure of the whys and wherefores but I assume it's to do with them being able to sit up and support their head? I would say at 5 months you will be fine (particularly if you get one that reclines) x
  • Options
    Hey

I would have thought as long as you get one that lays flat it will be fine. The ones that lay flat are suitable from birth.

Xx
  • Options
    I bought the Mamu Jump (mamas & papas) pushchair for holidays from Argos, Its a from birth pushchair and Felicity (18weeks) seems very comfy in it! Its only about ??50.

I also use it if Im getting the bus, its a decent part-time use buggy. I do need to pinch the strap/harness protector cushions from my cossato cabi though when I use it as it didnt have any. When its cold/windy I use my cabi footmuff too which fits fine x x

Its actually on special offer again - ??33 .. A third off. Same as I got it for!

No home delivery tho.. Have to check store stock! Reviews 4.2/5 pretty impressive x
  • Options
    Thanks all for the advice and thanks palmtree for the tip _ I shall toddle off to the Argos website in a tic!
  • Options
    we have the M and P Kato which reclines flat if you want with a drawstring adjuster at the back and is very very lightweight (we live up six flights, and I normally use a sling so just wanted something I was able to bump up and down if need be!) it's fab xx