Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

10 month old suddenly waking at 5 am !!!

Hi Ladies

Ive not posted really since the change over in december as my phone was so so slow !!!!

just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and does anyone have any hints or tips to get him back to normal....

he goes to bed at 7pm and he used to sleep until gone 7am but all of a sudden 5am is wake up time !!!! i know i shouldnt complain as he sleeps all night but bless him he was just starting to cut down his morning nap to 30 mins but now its back up to 1hr15 as he is so knackered from being up so early !!

any ideas girls ?? xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi, I had same problems with my 16mth old daughter around this time last year. Our home is east facing which means we get the lovely morning sun shine right into our windows. Now that days are getting longer that bright sun is appearing earlier yet again. We now have a blind and a curtain covering the bedroom window where my daughter sleeps but she can still rise at 6.30am on those cloudless morns where sun creeps in through the gaps.
  • Options
    ah thanks kazzie - he does have a blackout curtain but i think you are right as the sun can peep through the sides !!

prehaps ill buy a blind and try that too !!! xx
  • Options
    My dd just seems to *know* it's blinkin' daylight!!! She has a blind and blackout curtains but still wakes anywhere from 5am. Tried adjusting naps, delaying bedtime etc but nothing seems to work. I know that doesn't help but just thought I'd let you know that I feel your pain!!!! x
  • Options
    ah thank you kaycee maybe i just have to accept it and go to bed earlier !! ha ha ha xx