Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Waking 3 x's a night!!

My baba is almost 7 months, hes on solids and I still breast feed in between. He totally refuses to take a bottle or cup of any kind, I've tried three different types, breast milk in them, dream feeding but he still refuses them - problem is, he's waking three and four times a night. He goes straight back off after a feed but I'm worn out!! He goes to bed about 7, settles himself fine but then is usually awake roughly 4 hours later! I've tried controlled crying but he lasted 2 hours and I gave in..! Please give me any advice / suggestions, I'd really appreciate it! I have two other children and not had this problem before?!!

Marie

Replies

• Options
    Hi - I had exactly the same problem. I was also breast-feeding my 6 month old and he refused a bottle point blank but woke about 3 or 4 times a night even though he was on 3 solid meals a day. I literally tried a bottle every day at the same time without fail and eventually he just gave in and took it. He now sleeps so much better - only wakes once a night.
  • Options
    We try and give milk with our solids, so we give something like a banana custard with lunch and a fromage frais with tea to try and bulk out LO's milk consumption - we are still up twice in the night, but even that might be a help to you.

It's so frustrating when they wont take anything other than boob.

EmmaAuk did you give bf if the bottle didnt work or did you just offer the bottle and nothing else?
  • Options
    I did give bf if he wouldn't take a bottle as I hated to think he was hungry and upset. I tried for quite a while with the bottle each time though. Not sure what it was that persuaded him to accept it in the end.