Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Contact

I have recieved a letter from my daughters dads solicitor saying he wants contact, he has not seen her for a year so i am going to try to arrange for it to be in a contact centre. Can the solicitor set it up without having to go to court? and if there are any charges for using the contact centre will i have to pay them or him seeing as it will be him using the service?

Really need advice as i dont have a clue about any of this and getting really worried. thanx.

Cloe.x

Replies

• Options
    Hi i didnt want to read and run. Im afraid i dont know the answewr but i do know you can have a half hour FREE consaltation with a solisitor and maybe get some advise,or ask at the CAB?? if you find a contatc center (probably through social services/council) then they wont charge you to give you info x
  • Options
    Hey, i'm a solicitor and contact centres are only used when there ae no other venue options. I'm not sure how old your daughter is but i'd suggest him having some supervised contact supervised by someone who you're daughter knows as dad will be a vitual stranger to her if she's very little. Contact centres are run by volunteers and aren't really supervised.

Perhaps ask a family member or friend who is willing to help. Start of gradually and build up if her shows commitment xx
  • Options
    My daughter has just turned two. We split up due to domestic violence and him putting me in hospital. I really feel like i dont know this man at all and my daughter certainly doesnt thats why i want it in a contact centre.
  • Options
    tbh if this is a violent man, who put you in hospitaal i would want to stop him having any contact with my daughter until i was sure it was safe for her to do so. I think seeking legal advice would be a good thing!
  • Options
    In that case I would definitly get some legal advise and you could always ask your local social services for advise and support too. If I were you, I'd also ask for evidence that he has worked to improve his temper etc.

xxx
  • Options
    In that case I would be very reluctant to allow contact until he has demonstrated that he has dealt with his anger issues. A contact centre will not take him if he has a violent or criminal record. they do not supervise contact and therefore inappropriate.

I'd say if he wants contact he should make an application to the Court.

As Rainbow says, if you allow contact after he has put you in hospital you may find a judge and social services asking you why as it's placing your daughter at risk from what you have said x