Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

iCandy Pear Users!

Hi all,

We have been offered the opportunity to buy a 4month old I candy peach with the second seat for ??250!

I just wondered if you have one if you can tell me your views on it!

We would want to use a car seat with it, just to run in an out of shops, the couple we are buying the pushchair off never did this so I was wondering if I would have to buy clips or anything to allow the car seat to fit the chassis!

Also are the seats ok from birth? I was wondering if the seat can maybe be used with some form of cocoon etc?

Also what was the back seat like for the baby, they don't seem to have a lot of room or much of a view!

Any advice would be grateful!

Becky

Xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi - i started with an i candy peach for my twins. You do need adaptors to fit the car seat on - a real must for new borns i would say if you are likely to be out an about in the car.

I had the two carry cots which were fine, but quite small, so will onluy last the 6 months if your little ones are little.

At 6 months we started to use the seats. This did not last long. Both of my boys screamed when put in the back seat! They really didn't have much room at all. The seat is fairly narrow at the back and has very ;ittle room in front. Also it takes away the basket, so not good if your basket is valuable space to you.

I sold mine when my boys were nearly 7 months!

All that said i sold mine for 500, so if your little one doesn't mind a small seat at the back, the pushchair is very good quality, easy to move about and very sturdy. 250 is a good price.

xxx
  • Options
    hello

we will be using the pear as a double when this ones arrives

we have bought adapters off ebay for the carseat, i have bought top and bottom adapters as baby will have to go on the bottom when in doubles mode and top in singles mode, we also have the lower carrycot too which is a material that clips onto the seat frame, this should last about 12 weeks hence the carseat, they dont advise using the main seat until 6 months unless its fully reclined for posture but i am sure we will use it before then,

i have used it as a double with my friends baby with both seats and it worked fine, the baby in the back can see enough and theres much more space in the pear that the peach, DS is 17 months and has plenty of room and hes not a littly either!

i relly love it, it is quite big and takes up the whole boot more or less but its easy to navigate round the shops, and great off road (we do a lot of walking) and i like the combinations it lets you have x

we bought ours second hand so printed the instructions off the icandy website, defo worth a read!
  • Options
    which one is it that you have been offered, you title days pear but post says peach, either way its a bargin!
  • Options
    Hi! I meant the pear not the peach!

I do like the look at the pram, it looks compact and stylish and does tick most of our boxes!

We will need to get a new car seat, which isn't really a problem!

Thanks for your comments ladies, very helpful!

Becky

Xxx
  • Options
    if it's the pear, then u can get the maxi cosi cabrio fix carseat, and then u'll need carseat adaptors, blue (upper) or yellow (lower)... i got our adaptors off ebay for ??20, the lower (yellow) ones, but thinking about getting the upper ones too so i have more seating options x
  • Options
    oh, the seats aren't suitable from biirth, they are 6m+ (or sitting), u can get carrycot fabric, we used the carrycot mose for dd and she's only just come out of it at 5m, even then she had room, but she's learnt to sit now so doesn't like laying flat, and she's not small, she's on 50th centile
  • Options

hi i have bought the pear and have just tried to add the carrycot fabric to the frame but am unable to remove the seat cover what am i doing wrong help anyone