Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

C-section recovery question

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice. I had a c section on 01/04 so almost 12 weeks ago. 2 weeks later i heamorraged and was diagnosed with a uterus infection. 2 weeks after this the same happened again and was given another course of antibiotics to clear up the infection.

However, i'm still not sure i'm right. Sometimes it can be painful to wee, a bit like thrush but it feels higher up inside me? Also when i exercise i sometimes get some pain in the abdomen even though i'm doing nothing vigorous.

I thought i had first AF almost 3 weeks ago but it was only very light, mostly brown and lasted a week. I started my pill but used extra protection for 10 days in case it wasn't AF! Saw doc last week who said that it can take a while to recover and it was normal to feel some discomfort!

However, now i'm getting brown discharge again before my pill free week?? I'm not convinced all this is normal? I'm concerned that with it being my uterus, i would like lo to have a sibling at some point! Am i being ott or is this normal?

xx

Replies

• Options
    i would defo go back to the gp for some blood tests and maybe a swab, worth getting an all clear following your antibiotics, my wound reopened after 10 days and it was 17 weeks until i felt able to exercise, its also important that your abdominal muscles are back together before you exercise, i think its no more than a fingers width apart as they part down your middle to accomodate baby during pregnancy,
  • Options
    I had a water sample sent off when they diagnosed the infection and they said it came back as an "insignificant growth" in that they could grow something but it wasn't an infection. This happened in late pregnancy too. Maybe this is worth investigation?

How do you check your abdominal muscles? I've done nothing more vigorous than a brisk walk at the minute but i find it's taking a while for my tummy to go down. The other women in my family all slimmed down quite quickly after giving birth but i seem to have quite a significant "bump" low down still? Is this normal and maybe due to section? The others had natural deliveries. Which also means i don't really have anyone to take advice from!

xx
  • Options
    Sorry just wanted to add that i didn't expect to be back into my size 10's right away but i am eating well and doing some excercise and was hoping to see some results as i've always been fit and i hate my figure right now image xx
  • Options
    i think the section does make the belly harder to shift as it doesnt natuarlly contract as well as a natural birth i dont think, mine took a good while to shift but i'm normally good with my weight

Here is how to check for diastasis recti (or separation of your main abdominal muscle). First, lie on your back with knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Slowly raise your head and shoulders off the floor, tightening your abdominal muscles. Keeping the muscles tight, put your index and middle fingers on your belly just below your belly button and press in slightly. You should feel a soft gap between hard muscle on either side as you move your fingers side to side (if you still have some baby weight to lose, you may need to press in deeper with your fingers to get to the muscle). If you can move your fingers side to side more than two fingers' width, then you have a separation or diastasis recti.

significant growth isnt treated as it not specific but it may well we worth a chat with the GP, have you tried a thrush treatment at all?