Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

please tell me I am not alone with this...

My perfect little girl is 12 days old and I am extremely broody. Does anybody else feel like that?

She is by no means very quiet and not everything is going as I imagined with some trouble feeding etc. but I have never felt so broody before, not even in the 15 months we took to get a BFP.

So I need slapped please as I had a CS so docs would kill me if I was PG again very soon but also need some reassurance that I am not completely insane ... or am I?

Replies

• Options
    haha i was like this and we are now ttc no2 and imogens 8 months old.

its natures way of telling me imogen need siblings!
  • Options
    Firstly, massive congratulations on the birth of your little girl!

Secondly, I'd probably be inclined to say hormones have a big part to play in the way you're thinking at the moment, given it's only 12 days since you had your baby, hormones are still running riot in your body.

Saying that, it might not be and it might not change, but I'd definitely not rush into anything at this early stage! Especially with your CS.

I definitely didn't feel like that at 12 days after having my little girly, but that's just me! She's 9.5 months now and I'm still petrified of having another one haha despite the fact I would quite like one sometime in the near future! xx
  • Options
    I was so broody after having my first too. We now have an almost 18 month old, and a 4 and a half month old! I was fortunate that I had a straight forward delivery though. I'm not broody at the moment though, as I haven't the time :lol: I said I'd like another, but I'm happy and blessed with the two we have, and hubby says no anyway image

I would say enjoy and cherish every moment, as it really does go so quickly. You'll be fit enough medical-wise to have another in no time. It passes so quickly with a loimage xx
  • Options
    wow cant belive how fast thats gone, i felt like this after i had DS also by section, even though we were having bad times with him, we waited until he was 6 months to TTC again just beacuse of the section, was so broody!
  • Options
    i think that'll be ur hormones, i felt incredibly broody for the first three months after dd, but now at 6m i'm getting less and less broody, ur most fertile when u've just had a baby (so they say) so prob natures way of trying to get u to have some more! ur probably miss ur bump and the feel of baby inside too whihc will also make u think u want to be pregant again, but it's not really, it's where u want to be back to being preggers, iyswim? xx
  • Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Phew, am I glad that I am not the only one.

I won't be having one for a while not only because of CS but also because can't afford childcare for two unless DH gets a promotion ( which is on the horizon for the next year but better wait and see ).

I think it might also be because I want a fairly small age gap ( not 10 months but something like 18-24 months ) and it took us 15 months to conceive this one so I am probably panicking already.