Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

9 month... all change?

imogenn just about to turn 9 months and has suddenly changed.

she wont sleep

wont eat anything that isnt diarylea on bread

hates having her nappy changed

wont nap for more than half hr at a time,

is this normal?

i weaned her and she loved it, literally loved it, now she wont eat any of my homemade stuff or any finger foods. I end up popping bits of food in her mouth but thats not good.

she also loves her bottles... she keeps waking in the night and nothing works except for a bottle... obviously as she hasnt had much dinner compared to previous months where she'd have a big dinner.

im starting to worry shes going to become a bad eater now as she wont eat anything.

also how do i not feed her in the night when i know she is hungry as she hasnt eaten image its getting stupid,we slept through from 3 months but in the last week wakes 4-10 times a night.

someone help!

Replies

• Options
    Hi Rosemary... not too much advice im afraid..jus didnt wanna read n run.

I was in the same due in forum as u...my little one has just turned 8months...and thankfully havent started this yet. BUT i remember from my eldest a BIG change around 9/10months! (my eldest is now 5...so i survived! lol).

Megs my eldest...suddenly stopped taking bottles and turened into a right grump around this time.... unfortunantly was a case of waiting it out.

hopefully some others will have practical advice for u.....

xxx
  • Options
    thanks hun,

i read that 9 months can be a big spurt for them and the whole independence crawling thing can cause some issues.

also i think we may be finally! teething!
  • Options
    Hi hun,

Im also in the same group as you. not sure if your on the facebook group?

Reuben last week stopped eating his food and only wanting milk, he went from loving his homemade food to clamping his mouth shut when i put the spoon to him and shaking his head and screaming. he was also waking up in the night, not that he was that great in the night anyway but he went from waking maybe twice a night to waking nearly every hour for two nights in a row. I had to bf him as i knew he hadnt had any solids to eat in the day.I decided that I would go back to basics and start giving him smooth purees again instead of lumpy or pasta ones and now a week on he seems to be getting better fingers crossed! I did try him with a jar for dinner one of the days thinking that he might have gone off my food but as soon as he saw me put it in his bowl he screamed and wouldnt eat it again so offered him homemade aswell and he gobbled it up! so my advice would be jus hang on in there it will get better soon, even if you go back to basics with his food to reintroduce solids again. now thankfully today he has eaten every meal today fine and ive treated him with dessert aswell!!!! xx
  • Options
    forgot to mention that teething is a big factor in it aswell i think, also it could be that their getting stressed about the whole crawling thing, as today he finally crawled after weeks of trying to!!!!! x
  • Options
    A lot starts happening at 9mths, they have more teeth coming through which can affect appetite, their taste buds are developing which can often see particular foods becoming preferred and others rejected, they are getting more mobile and are able to do more for themselves and may also be finding their voice and learning how to opinionate themselves. Be patient and still offer a variety of food and drink, even if it only gets played with, it's all part of the learning and growing up. Best wishes.
  • Options
    My LO went through a stage similar to this at 9 months!

I think it's a combination of factors but was mainly teeth for us. She refused all food except yoghurt (this is the child who loved mackerel!) and would drink lots of milk but just wouldn't eat. It didn't last long! She's probably waking up because her teeth hurt /wants comfort / still hungry as she's eating less than she used to. Teething granules / camomile tea does really help (if you can get it down her!)

The nappy change issue is, apparently, definitely a phase but LO is 12 months now and hates having her nappy changed, specially if we're out and about. It's really quite stressful isn't it! At home, something like my phone, holding the nappy etc .distracts her a little. xxxx
  • Options
    thanks ladies,

so far imogen has no teeth but im hoping for something soon!

we had the worst night last night, she was up alot and screaming her head off, then was sick everywhere image it seems to be a tough time for her at the moment.
  • Options
    Hey Rosemary, Iz is exactly the same. She does have teeth but when she is teething, we get vommitting, screaming, sleepless nights(she has been generally a good sleeper)bad nappies snotty nose the works so it could just be her teeth, hope she is sorted soon, ps we miss you on the fb group, are you coming back to it? Oh and congratulations by the way!!! I think you are crazy :lol:
  • Options
    thanks socks!

we have had a few bad nights now, after 6 months of sleeping through i am not impressed lol

cheers on the congrats image feeling good about it, also feeling bit sick lol

4+2

xx
  • Options
    Sick in the morning sickness sense of the word or sick as in nervous lol!!! I know what you mean Iz has slept through since about 9 weeks. If it is any consolation it didn't last long if it is teething, her teeth arrived quite quickly! I had a dinner refund tonight!