Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

roiutine 3 month old

do you girls have a routine yet? do you let your baby sleep down stairs with you? or have naps in own room,ect? kendra downstairs with me in day and up till we go bed.

Replies

• Options
    I've made this mistake twice and still suffer for it! I advise to get the baby into her cot as soon as it's her bedtime (about 8?) whether she's asleep or not to get her used to it.

My 9 year old always got into bed with me in the middle of the night and only stopped last year when her baby sister was born! I'm really having problems trying to get my 16 month old into a bedtime routine now, and I'm expecting another so really need to get this sorted!! She always ends up waking up shortly after putting her in her cot, wanting to get into our bed. Because I'm so tired I give in!

Honestly, I don't mean to sound bossy, but I advise you put her in her cot! My niece has two children and always put them in their cot by 7.30pm, awake or asleep. They are in such a good routine now, they asleep by 8 (one of them is 4, the other 15 months), in there own beds every night! I'm so jealous!! lol.

I'm suffering the consequences of leaving them downstairs with me still! I'm determined that when number 3 comes, he/she will be in his/her cot everynight by 7.30!

xxx
  • Options
    i see what your saying, but what confuses me is the cot death thing, ie-being with you for first 6 months. my son we put in own room in eve around 5 months i think. i dunno.
  • Options
    I know what you mean!! Everything is so worrying! My niece has the Angel Mat monitor. Says it's brilliant. Has an alarm that goes off if baby stops breathing, only problem is, if baby wriggles off mat, the alarm goes off. She thinks it's brilliant though.

I think you're supposed to keep baby in your room for first 6 months but I just think it's a very hard habit to break! I'm terrible though for giving in. That's why I still have baby getting into my bed in the middle of night!
  • Options
    i dont feel anxious as such,more a bit mean! i mean she is only 12 wks,but i dont want to have issues in a few months either
  • Options
    I know hun. When I had my youngest, I didn't want to put her down! I used to just sit holding her all the time. I'm gonna try really hard not to do that this time. It's funny that as soon as you become a mum you feel guilty for EVERYTHING!!
  • Options
    true!
  • Options
    My little boy is nealry 8 months and although we have set routine for anything else, we do have one for bedtime. At your LO's age, I would put him to bed when he was due his last bottle (this varied from day to day), so he would have his PJ's on, into sleeping bag, bottle, story and cuddles and then put in to his cot.

HTH

xxx
  • Options
    I put Abby upstairs at 7pm from about 6 weeks old and she went into her own room overnight at 10 weeks. We have the Babysense monitor and definitely recommend an apnoea monitor for your peace of mind.

H xx
  • Options
    i dont feel worried about her sleeping with me, its more she keeps waking up
  • Options
    TBH, I think that when they sleep with you, they do wake up more. From my experience anyway! It's like they're checking to make sure you're still there! With my youngest (nearly 17 months), I still sometimes let her sleep downstairs until we go to bed. She will sleep fine downstairs, sometimes for a good few hours if we go to bed late. Literally half hour after putting her in her cot she wakes up to get in with us. I think they get used to the noise around them so when it's silent, she senses it! I'm gonna try so hard to get straight into a bedtime routine with the one on the way!

It's amazing how quickly they learn and pick things up! Is she in your bed or in her cot? xx
  • Options
    cot x
  • Options
    You're better than me! lol. Does she stay in there all night? x
  • Options
    my little monkey wont nap long!
  • Options
    I'm agreeing!

both my lo's were in thier cots in thier room at about 6 weeks, i had such a clear monitor i could hear them breathing!

they are now 4.5years and 5months and they both in bed by 7/ 7:00 without fail or fuss!! yay, had to do a little bit of conrolled crying with first baby but none with 2nd, he took a dummy and its always chilled him out.

image x
  • Options
    My baby is 3 months and 3 weeks, she's turning 4 months on September 6, she is still have different routine of sleeping in the afternoon, but after taking a bath she falls asleep and at night 9:00 PM she already sleeping and wakes up 7:00 in the morning, but she woke up at least 2 times at night to drink milk or change diaper.

_____

Mary Jane @ child nap mat