Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pushchairs

Hi All

I'm g/c from pregnancy in the hope that some of you will be able to help me!

I'm only 15+1 but we're starting to have a look at travel systems as I know we're going to struggle to get what we need.

We have a Kia Picanto (2009) which has a TINY boot (I mean comparable with a mini!). So, my question is, have any of you ladies overcome a tiny boot? What sort of system did you go for in the end?

My initial idea was a chassis that can take a car seat, carry cot or pushchair seat... but I can't find one which folds small enough to fit in our boot with a pushchair seat attached. If the chassis fitted I'm not sure where I'd put the pushchair seat?! Maybe next to baby on the back seat, but that doesn't seem very safe.

Arrrghhh! Help?! :lol:

Replies

• Options
    Hi

We haven't got a small boot but a frind of ours has and she has the same buggy as me. Qunny Buzz, the buggy seat comes off the chasis and this could easily be on the back seat next to bubba. The wheels also clip off the chassis very easily. All a bit of a faff but you could do it and its amazing how quick you gte at it.

You can then use the chassis with a car seat.

we didn't bother with a carrycot and don't know many people who did or if they did buy one they didn't use it much.

I would advise you get a cheapish buggy as if you have a small boot by the time bubba is 6 months or so will prob move onto a stroller, which is much more compact, go to a big Mothercare and have a play!

Hope this has helped?? image