Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Friendly Warning xx

Hello All

I haven;t been about in ages I'm not sure if there would be any one here who would even remember me but I come in peace LMAO

JOking aside I joined here years ago when in LTTC and met a really lovely group of girls some who are my closest friends now but just today some one in group was 'outed' as a fraudster, lying about pregnancy and a miscarriage which I'm sure you can all appreciate is quite disgusting, she had also been part of a charity and had asked for donations but thankfully due to general suspicions many did not donate (you ever get you can't put your finger on it but something doesn't add up??, there has since been a completely separate blog (nothing to do with our group through other acquaintances of hers) that was set up to highlight previous theft. She was also given the chance to explain to us but instead deleted everyone as lets face it, she was caught out.

Any way just a reminder ladies be careful on the net I wouldn't change my internet buddies for the world however it has reminded me to be careful, oh and the girls name was Becky Oxley in case she is on here and tries her nonsense with any one else, it's shocking to think there are people capable of this.

Any way all the luck in the world with those TTC, PG or with your wee babies xx

Replies

• Options
    Hello Moonbean

some people eh!
  • Options

My family and I have also been the victims of Becky's lies! Ihave only known her since Nov 2011. She went to the same school as my 3 daughters and had recently come back to Leeds from Spain as her husband had had an affair(1st lie). She had several incidents of absesses,which we believe were true. She was always using crutches and had splints on her arms erratically. Then she had a miscarriage, fell in the snow and tore her hamstring but was up and about within a week!!!!! Was sexually assaulted, fell and tore the ligaments in her knee. Was subjected to death threats from her in-laws in Spain and then one night feigned a fit whilst in my home in front of 3 other people! I decided to check things out as I was appalled that so many bad things could happen to such a "nice" young woman. I then unearthed a whole can of worms and found out she had feigned have breast and bone cancer and several miscarriages in Spain and in Britain. None of her stories checked out when we began to unravel them all. When confronted she threatened to kill herself and then was admitted to a psychiatric hospital. I was so relieved. I just wanted her to get help and I feel that by unveiling all this we have helped her-or I'd like to think we have. She has also been in trouble in Spain by raising money for charity when she wasn't ill at all. I do hope she learns from this incident. I feel hurt that she befriended my daughters who are all young mothers themselves and were devastated by her late miscarriage stories. We were all fortunately warned not to allow her near the babies as she was described as being "deranged"! Fortunately there are not many people out there who would sink as low as this but please all be aware that there are some people who do. They are ill and need help. Please be careful who you befriend and always be on guard for your children's sakes. This has really shaken me.

• Options
    When women like her lie about such precious things makes me sick when the ladies on her are so looking forward to being mums to pretend to suffer such loss is sick I have had that loss and wouldn't wish it on anyone xxx
  • Options
    Omg how awful! Thanks for the warning. Ps i remember you from back in the day. Xxx
  • Options

my goodness that is shocking, in our group we have thought all along that she has had mental issues, as in proper needing some sort of help issues, at least now if she is getting help may be she can get better but scary that she got close to your family.  The last we heard she had lost her most recent baby in december 2011, I think the 3rd of 4th still born she claimed to have.  I was all very shocking for us all and also very upsetting as 2 lovely ladies in our group had sleeping babies and to think what they went through and that she faked it all is awful, I actually feel so sorry for her to be that deranged, hopefully with help she can get better and may be lead a normal life.  Thanks for the update on her and it's also a good reminder to all the deceipt that some can get up to on the internet xx

• Options

I hope she finally finds the help she needs...she has caused immeasurable stress for her lovely family image...and others image

• Options
    This is shocking, scary and sad at the same time. I am so glad I came to know this. May God help her and hope she realises what she had been doing was wrong. I am still shocked as I had a MC myself, I can't imagine anyone lying about it.