Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

40 min nap

why does my 3 month old never go longer than 40 mins in moses basket?

Replies

• Options
    45 mins is the usual sleep cycle for babies!
  • Options
    40 mins is a natural sleep cycle. A good sleeper will get themselves back to sleep. A child that wakes and needa help to get back to sleep needa to be shown how to fall asleep on their own. Do you put baby down awake?
  • Options
    yes.x
  • Options
    this is the sleep cycle for your baby @ this age some mommies are lucky and thier baby manages to go longer sooner. my first lo was like this very quickly managed to put herself to sleep and go for 2.5hrs in the afternoon early on.

my 2nd lo a little boy is 5months and can now go for 2.5hrs in the afternooon.

so the older he got the longer sleep he had and i also always tried to promote this longer sleep time, but not just getting him up straight away but using dummy, rocking ...etc to get him to sleep longer sometimes it worked sometimes not i tried not to stress either way.

he is now getting the hang of it and obviously his body is ready for this longer sleep

xxx
  • Options
    do u mean day or night? 40 mins is a natural sleep cycle for a baby, so for a daytime nap that's actually really good, if night time, then perhaps try sleeping him in a cot or crib, with firmer mattress etc... also if this is a new thing... babies have a huge growth spurt at 3 months, so he may well just grow out of it in the next week or so, continue to feed regularly if he appears to be asking for it, as it could well be the growth spurt x